deleted download list
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-19-2011 01:40 AM

Posted by:
George

Find more posts by George

i had a nice list of downloads pending but i accidentally deleted one download from the list. i looked at the history folder but that only contains finished downloads. is there a trash bin or an undelete function for deleted unstarted downloads?

02-21-2011 05:28 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello George,
You can find the uncompleted file on your HD and double click on it to add it to iGetter again. You can also use the iGetter "Recover lost download" Tools menu command.

If you have also deleted the physical file from your HD your only option is to add that download from the same site and start it from the beginning.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-24-2011 01:27 PM

Posted by:
George

Find more posts by George

I think I would be nice to at least keep a history of what had been in the list. After accidentally deleting one download job from the long list, I couldn't recall what was actually deleted. I couldn't just get the download link again because I didn't even know which file was missing. I had to go through a lot of checking and verifying before I could identify the missing file and add the link again.

i like to have the warning box before deleting anything. But I had to turn it off because everytime I clicked yes, I had to check the option for deleting the unfinished download too. that's very tedious. can I have the warning box pop up and already checked by default?

02-25-2011 08:39 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello George,
Indeed, there is no keyboard shortcut or menu command that will open the iGetter delete dialog with the "Also delete downloaded files" option checked. In the Windows version of iGetter it's Shift+Delete keyboard shortcut, but the Mac version only has Command+Backspace shortcut (with that option unchecked). Most probably we will add Option+Backspace (or some other) keyboard shortcut in the future versions of iGetter for Mac.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply