Disappear from window
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-23-2011 06:49 AM

Posted by:
CathC

Find more posts by CathC

Hi. I've read and searched other threads with no luck. I've been using iGetter for months and think it's great however it has suddenly stopped working. ANY newly added downloads disappear from the window when trying to connect. The files can be downloaded individually from my browser so I know they are available.
The little initial file downloads are all zero k so there is nothing to view or any error info. Can you advise?

02-23-2011 07:43 AM

Posted by:
CathC

Find more posts by CathC

more..

Upon further investigation this only seems to an issue with rapidshare links (I am a premium user with correct account settings). Can you think of an explanation?

02-23-2011 06:18 PM

Posted by:
CubbieBlue

Find more posts by CubbieBlue

I have the exact same problem. Been using iGetter with my rapidshare premium for a long time. Then two days or so ago it stopped working. Strange thing though. If I double click a file that's in the download window (before I start it) and the hit Set (note that I haven't changed anything), it seems to work fine! Really weird. It's a temporary fix for me though, as some of the files I download are split into dozens of parts. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this situation.

02-24-2011 05:25 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

CubbieBlue,
We don't have a rapidshare premium account, but you may try the following:
1. Set your default browser to Firefox at Safari preferences, General panel (required only once). That's important for authentication cookies.
2. Start Firefox and install FlashGot add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/) (required only once).
3. Login to rapidshare in Firefox and enter your user info.
4. Turn on the Direct Download option in your rapidshare premium account (required only once).
5. Use the FlashGot contextual menu functions in Firefox to download some link(s).

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-27-2011 08:51 AM

Posted by:
CubbieBlue

Find more posts by CubbieBlue

Thanks for the reply but I've done all that already. It was working perfectly for over a year, then all of a sudden it stopped.

02-28-2011 03:33 PM

Posted by:
CathC

Find more posts by CathC

rapidshare

It's very strange. Have tried all the suggestions I can find but nothing works unfortunately. Have uninstalled and then re-installed a fresh copy but still no luck. I think I will have to look for an alternative. I don't think it is anything to do with Rapidshare (friends continue to use it fine) but equally there have been no changes on my machine yet somewhere there has to be a reason.

02-28-2011 04:59 PM

Posted by:
CathC

Find more posts by CathC

rapid

The FlashGot solution has finally worked for me. In the FlashGot options chose iGetter. Select the links. From the FlashGot menu chose 'Flashgot Selection'and all the links are forwarded to the igetter window where they download normally. Doesn't explain the root of the problem but this solved my problem.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply