< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-25-2011 08:19 PM

Posted by:
Archer

Find more posts by Archer

Hi All,

Anyone has tried configuring filesonic with igetter ?

I have premium accounts with Rapidshare & Hotfile. They both work perfectly fine. But no matter whatever I try I am not able to configure FILESONIC with igetter.

Please help
-- Archer

03-01-2011 05:51 AM

Posted by:
moayad

Find more posts by moayad

I'm having the same problem with filesonic.

When downloading a file from filesonic premium all I get is an error text file!

03-01-2011 10:17 PM

Posted by:
filesonic sux

Find more posts by filesonic sux

filesonic and igetter 2.8

I have a similar problem with filesonic.

As with hotfile and rs, you have to login to filesonic to enable the premium features like parallel downloads.

The problem with stupid filesonic is that the f**king idiots at filesonic decided to put a timer on the login. This means that for long downloads (or a long queue), the filesonic login times out and igetter fails to either maintain parallel connections or fails to establish new parallel downloads. This is a major f**king problem with filesonic. What a bunch of idiots!! At least I only paid for a 1 month trial.

03-02-2011 05:04 AM

Posted by:
Amit Oberoi

Find more posts by Amit Oberoi

If this is a filesonic problem, then how are jdownloader and folx working properly and resuming downloads from filesonic servers but igetter is not able to do it. I am now stuck to use folx whereas igetter is the best downloader for mac.I hope somebody resolves this issue soon.

03-02-2011 05:06 AM

Posted by:
Amit Oberoi

Just to mention that downloads from filesonic are able to start properly in my case but resuming of downloads is a problem as it simply does not happen.

03-03-2011 11:54 PM

Posted by:
Amit Oberoi

I got a reply from filesonic when i raised this question there that i am not able to resume downloads using igetter. They said that this issue will be resolved by igetter support team as their downloads are working fine with other download managers like jdownloader and folx. So i request the igetter support team to kindly resolve this issue at the earliest as this is the best downloader available for mac.

03-04-2011 03:30 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Amit,
We don't have a premium filesonic account, but if your download stops at some point, most probably the download link has expired. If so, you can try to get a fresh link from the same download site. Just pause the download in iGetter, open its "Items Settings" dialog and paste a new URL (replacing the existing one).

Also, you may try this:

1. Set "Minimal segment size" value to 9999 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration Panel.
2. Enter the following site with your user info and limit the number of connections to 1-3 in iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel (notice the point before filesonic.com):

http://.filesonic.com/

3. If your filesonic premium area has an Options panel turn on the direct downloads option (i.e rapidshare.com has such option).
4. Use only your default browser when you download from filesonic. You can set it at Safari preferences, General Panel -> "Default Web browser". Here you can choose Firefox for example if you use it instead of Safari.
5. When you add a filesonic link use the "Download with iGetter" contextual menu command or click on the link and wait for iGetter to intercept the download. These two functions support session cookies.
6. Install the FlashGot add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/) in Firefox and then just click on a filesonic.com link. When the Firefox save dialog appears choose iGetter to download the file with iGetter. You may try also some of the FlashGot contextual menu commands: "FlashGot Link", etc.

Regards,
iGetter Support

03-07-2011 12:02 PM

Posted by:
Amit Oberoi

Hi guys, thanks for the help but i am still not able to resume the downloads.However, i am posting the log here both for when the download resumes and when the download does not resume. Kindly have a look and suggest what to do.

--- Start request: 3/6/11 9:06:06 PM

Connecting to: s17.filesonic.in

GET /download/77701494/4d73a9bb/4a1a176/25bf35/2/daf840a8/d5a107d829feb3c25ad3ae08089d4ef58562c37f HTTP/1.0
Host: s17.filesonic.in
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_5; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/8.0.552.215 Safari/534.10
Referer: http://www.allyoulike.com/55472/little-fockers-2010-dvdscr/
Authorization: ...
Range: bytes=778240-
Accept: */*
Pragma: no-cache
Cookie: PHPSESSID=si162aov23mp5kiavuoo31oov1; lang=en; __utma=13260064.2103616942.1299425401.1299425401.1299425401.1; __utmb=13260064.3.10.1299425401; __utmz=13260064.1299425401.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); isJavascriptEnable=1; rememberMe=1; email=amitoberoi%40oberoithermit.com; isAffiliate=1; role=premium

HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
Server: nginx
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 15:36:12 GMT
Content-Type: "application/octet-stream"
Content-Length: 208936960
Connection: close
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Little.Fockers.2010.DVDSCR.READNFO.XViD-T0XiC-iNK.part1.rar"
Expires: 0
Content-Range: bytes 778240-209715199/209715200

---- Start request: 3/6/11 9:06:31 PM

Connecting to: s17.filesonic.in

GET /download/77701494/4d73a9bb/4a1a176/25bf35/2/daf840a8/d5a107d829feb3c25ad3ae08089d4ef58562c37f HTTP/1.0
Host: s17.filesonic.in
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_5; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/8.0.552.215 Safari/534.10
Referer: http://www.allyoulike.com/55472/little-fockers-2010-dvdscr/
Authorization: ...
Range: bytes=1228800-
Accept: */*
Cookie: PHPSESSID=si162aov23mp5kiavuoo31oov1; lang=en; __utma=13260064.2103616942.1299425401.1299425401.1299425401.1; __utmb=13260064.3.10.1299425401; __utmz=13260064.1299425401.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); isJavascriptEnable=1; rememberMe=1; email=amitoberoi%40oberoithermit.com; isAffiliate=1; role=premium

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 15:36:34 GMT
Content-Type: text/plain
Connection: close
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Network error: The server reports it cannot resume the download now.

++++ Status: Segment paused by user. ++++

Regards

03-07-2011 04:59 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Amit,
It seems that filesonic use temporarily URLs for their files. We tested the URL from your log and found that the first segment just redirects to a temp URL (which may be resumed in less than ~15 sec.). The workaround to resume a filesonic file is to copy the original link from the same download site (in your case http://www.allyoulike.com/...). Then pause that download in iGetter, open its "Items Settings" dialog and paste the original URL (replacing the existing one). Then you will be able to resume the download just fine. Make sure that the "Minimal segment size" value is set to 9999 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration Panel.

We plan to add an option in iGetter to save the original URL instead of the redirected one. Often sites use the opposite logic.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

03-11-2011 04:41 PM

Posted by:
Khalifa

Find more posts by Khalifa

Filesonic!

I did all the steps above and still i get the error files! I'm a premium user and i can't download anything from Filesonic! when i downloaded free software jdownloader problem was solved!!! i think your company should take this problem seriously and come with a real solution that works...

Thanks....

03-14-2011 09:25 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Khalifa,
The filesonic links posted by Amit, still work with iGetter. So, the first thing that should do is to open some of the error files (adding a ".html" extension to the file name) in your browser and see what error appears there. It may be that your user info is wrong (see also point 3 below), file is missing, etc.

What you may try:

1. Turn on "Send cookies from browser" option at iGetter preferences, Integration panel. (It's on by default).
2. Set "Minimal segment size" value to 9999 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration Panel.
3. Enter the following sites with your user info and limit the number of connections to 1-3 in iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel (notice the point before filesonic):

http://.filesonic.in/

4. If your filesonic premium area has an Options panel turn on the direct downloads option (i.e rapidshare.com has such option).

Once started downloads should complete without problem. If a waiting download appears or if you've paused a filesonic download, the workaround to resume it is to copy the original link from the same site. Then pause that download in iGetter, open its "Items Settings" dialog (by double clicking on it) and paste the original URL (replacing the existing one). Then you will be able to resume the download just fine.

Regards,
iGetter Support

03-18-2011 11:45 PM

Posted by:
Neil Savage

Find more posts by Neil Savage

File Sonic

Hi guys,

I had a similar issue with FileSonic files timing out...and not reconnecting. But re-entering the original URL into the iGetter download item allowed it to pick up where it left off.

Cheers,
Neil

04-05-2011 04:03 PM

Posted by:
Costanza

Find more posts by Costanza

I've been able to restart and finish Filesonic downloads by suspending it, opening item settings, and pasting the original URL over the temporary URL. Then I restart the download and viola, it finishes.

The problem is, when I download a file in 5 parts, 20 parts, 50 parts. this process gets ridiculous.

In addition, because we've been instructed here in this forum to limit the connections to 1-3, multi-file downloads end up pending for so long their temporary links expire. I then have to copy and paste 30-40 urls into each of the waiting downloads in iGetter just so they'll start downloading.

This is really limiting the value of having iGetter as a file download manager.

Can you guys at iGetter fix this?

04-09-2011 11:07 AM

Posted by:
KevinW

Find more posts by KevinW

I don't know if this is the same issue but my filesonic downloads in iGetter keep hanging up at like 98% and just go to "Waiting". I have to go back and get the download link, pause the waiting download, paste in the original link, and re-start. Just about every time I download anything. This is terrible! Too bad because iGetter is (was) my favorite download manager. I guess I have to use the clumsy jdownloader from now on. If anyone can help, I"d appreciate it.

04-16-2011 04:42 PM

Posted by:
Charles

Find more posts by Charles

Another paying customer hoping to get a solution for the filesonic problem. I'll even pitch in to get you a premium account if the $9 is really the prohibitive factor!

04-16-2011 09:29 PM

Posted by:
filesonic idiots

Find more posts by filesonic  idiots

filesonic idiots

I have never seen a problem in the use hotfile, oron, but now I'm having trouble filesonic. I do not understand why filesonic not solve the problem.

04-26-2011 07:17 AM

Posted by:
Joe

Find more posts by Joe

I'm having the same problem. My download from filesonic just stops around 97-98%. So I changed the segments count to 1 in preference and guess what it works. It's slow (not sure it's filesonic or coz I'm only downloading with 1 segment), but it works.

Hope this will help someone. Still, it would be nice if either iGetter or filesonic can solve the problem, so we can download as normal.

04-27-2011 06:21 AM

Posted by:
kogn

Find more posts by kogn

Indeed

I am a paying customer of iGetter and I can also confirm that filesonic does not work for iGetter. I tried several things and it just doesn't work as expected. I've used rapidshare, oron and hotfile with good success. jDownloader works with filesonic but it doesn't have equally good features such as appscript and Safari support.

It would be nice if you can make this work. The fix shouldn't be rocket science to Presenta since it has already been implemented in other (open source) downloaders.

05-05-2011 06:31 PM

Posted by:
iamhieloco

Find more posts by iamhieloco

My fix

Hi everyone,

I made a little application to automatically re-enter the links to iGetter to continue disconnected downloads. It is only available for MacOS users.

http://wp.me/p1vrJf-7

I hope you enjoy and hope it works for you guys.

05-05-2011 06:51 PM

Posted by:
lemmington

Find more posts by lemmington

thank you

Thank you iamhieloco
it worked great after I entered the urls correctly!!!!!!

05-06-2011 12:24 AM

Posted by:
iamhieloco

Find more posts by iamhieloco

Application updated, fixed a few bugs.

http://wp.me/p1vrJf-7

05-07-2011 05:44 PM

Posted by:
Sumeet

Find more posts by Sumeet

iGetter is correct.

It needs to store original URL along with temp URL. iGetter should try temp first and then original.

Filesonic does not have the direct d/w option. Experiencing same issue.

05-07-2011 06:37 PM

Posted by:
Rashaad

Find more posts by Rashaad

I will NEVER buy this p*t software. It pauses and waits for a connection when there is just 7mb to download of a 450mb file, from Fileserve and Filesonic. Speed Download and Folx works 100% so why is iGetter doing this crap? PRSENTA fix your s* software !!!

Oh and BTW ive tried everything in the settings so please dont advise me to change s* settings, just fix your software. Dont go blaming Filesonic as well because other downloaders work.

05-12-2011 03:39 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Rashaad,
First, you're not obligated to pay for iGetter in order to use it. There are no time or functional limits in the evaluation version of iGetter. Whoever register it just supports its future development. If you've found some other downloader that fits your needs that's fine.

Second, you ask "why is iGetter doing this". The answer is in this thread. Please, read above where the problem lies and what we plan to do.

As of Fileserve, in order to test it we need a log as the one Amit posted above.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

05-24-2011 01:59 PM

Posted by:
Amit Oberoi

Hi everyone,

I tried filesonic but could not configure it to resume downloads, so i shifted on to fileserve. File serve was working fine earlier but recently it has started giving the resume download problem. I found out that if before resuming downloads i am logged in the fileserve account in my browser, the downloads would resume fine. However if the net disconnects the user it seems is automatically logged out from the fileserve account. So when the net connection then reconnects automatically the files do not get resumed and go into waiting. After that if we paste the link as explained above, most of the times the file is resumed. However, i just found out that if we add the http://.fileserve.com/ in the site manager in preferences in igetter and in Preferences>Advanced, in HTTP User Agent we select the Mozilla option which says Firefox in the end (I use Firefox with Flashgot), the downloads get resumed even if i am logged out of my fileserve account. Give it a try, it may work. All the best.

Regards
Amit

05-26-2011 07:08 PM

Posted by:
Stan-O

Find more posts by Stan-O

Well, both filesonic and fileserve are using temp urls and both iGetter and Speed Download fail tremendously on resuming attempts.

When testing both download managers a few years back I've bought Speed Download, but it's been having issues properly sending cookies/auth information to fileserve so I've decided to give iGetter a try. I like what I'm seeing in the new version, it's been working like a clockwork with the only exception being inability to resume downloads from fileserve/filesonic.

Does the support/dev team of iGetter have an ETA for the "store URLs" feature? I'm sure you guys hear it all the time that "if you implement feature X, I'll pay for your software" but in my case it's true.

05-26-2011 11:21 PM

Posted by:
sterv

Find more posts by sterv

Same here, downloading a file from filesonic never finishes, iGetter hangs on 'waiting' before download finishes...

06-03-2011 09:55 AM

Posted by:
Stan-O

Find more posts by Stan-O

So, any estimates on the "remember URL" feature implementation?

06-03-2011 06:18 PM

Posted by:
supmst

Find more posts by supmst

An update to iGetter to make it compatible with Filesonic would indeed be great... tried it all, but can't find any way to complete a download in one shot with iGetter.

06-06-2011 03:11 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

In iGetter v2.8.7, make sure that you have unchecked "Save redirected URLs" option (it's off by default) at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel. This way iGetter will resume using the original URL instead of the provided temporary URL.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-06-2011 10:42 PM

Posted by:
sterv

Find more posts by sterv

Looks like it's working now! Thanks iGetter team!

06-08-2011 07:59 AM

Posted by:
Khalifa

Find more posts by Khalifa

Working!

Many thanks to iGetter team your latest software update worked with Filesonic!!!

06-09-2011 03:27 AM

Posted by:
Ivymike

Find more posts by Ivymike

FileSonic now works with iGetter 2.8.7

This FileSonic premium account user on Mac OS X running 10.5.8, iGetter 2.8.7, can confirm that with the "Save redirected URLs" preference in the advanced panel *unchecked*, iGetter now works fine with FileSonic.

THANK YOU PRESENTA!

07-10-2011 02:34 AM

Posted by:
Joe

Find more posts by Joe

I'm using iGetter 2.8.7 and FileSonic URLs have the same problem - a small amount of downloading, then "Waiting...". I left "Save Unchecked URLs" unchecked - still no solution. Any suggestions besides entering the URL a bunch of times? BTW, GetRight for the PC doesn't have this problem, so there is a solution.

07-11-2011 07:39 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Joe,
We just tested a filesonic download with iGetter v2.8.7 ("Save redirected URLs" unchecked - which is off by default) and it completed the file just fine (with several resumes).

You need to enter the following site entries in the Site Manager with your user info:

If the problem persists post a log as the Amit's above (Segments tab panel -> "Copy Log" CM command).

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-13-2011 11:59 PM

Posted by:
MAXp0wr

Find more posts by MAXp0wr

This fixes the issue I was having with Filesonic and Wupload BUT it kills Fileserve. When I uncheck 'Save redirected URLs' then Fileserve works great again.

It seems like unchecking this feature means that iGetter is forcing the file servers to give out a temp url for every segment.. which they definitely don't like, especially when downloading 4-5 files at once all with 10 segments each.

Would it be better perhaps to only request a new temp URL should the initial one fail ?
So then it's essentially the same as pausing the download and inserting the original link in the item settings and resuming again... Only behind the scenes so it doesn't have to be done manually. Because like someone already pointed out: that sucks when there are lot's of links =)

On another note, I would find it handy to be able to select and copy text in the download information area.

07-14-2011 10:57 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

MAXp0wr,
If you download from more than one filesharing services (rapidshare, filesonic, etc.), the workaround in v2.8.7 is:
1. Turn on "Save redirected URLs" option at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel.
2. Set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 49999 KB.

This way once started filesonic downloads should complete fine, but number of segments will be limited (i.e. for a 200 MB file, iGetter will create 4 segments).

Indeed, copying in iGetter Info panel is not available, yet. Currently, you can copy the URL using the CM command "Copy URL" and click on the small green icon next to the Referrer to open that link in your browser. Info about downloads is saved in Downloads.plist and History.plist files located in "<Home>/Library/Application Support/iGetter" folder.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-01-2011 04:59 PM

Posted by:
Costanza

Workaround not working. Filesonic still not working.

I tried this iGetter Support recommendation:

<I>MAXp0wr,
If you download from more than one filesharing services (rapidshare, filesonic, etc.), the workaround in v2.8.7 is:
1. Turn on "Save redirected URLs" option at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel.
2. Set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 49999 KB.</I>

And it did not work. Even with 2.8.7 and the above settings filesonic downloads will not complete.

OSX 10.6.8
2x2.26gHz Quad core Xeon
14gb Ram bufferred
Firefox 5

09-01-2011 05:05 PM

Posted by:
Costanza

Unclear

What does this mean exactly?

"If the problem persists post a log as the Amit's above (Segments tab panel -> "Copy Log" CM command)."

"Amit's"?
"Segment tab panel"?

My igetter 2.8.7 doesn't have a segment tab.

Thanks

09-02-2011 05:34 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Costanza,
Amit's log is some posts above yours (dated 03-07-2011 12:02 PM). Most probably this screenshot will help you find your Segments tab panel:

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-02-2011 12:27 PM

Posted by:
Costanza

I STAND CORRECTED

Currently my FILESONIC links ARE downloading and completing. I'm talking 2GB links.

SO I can verify the settings above. As far as filesonic is concerned. I haven't tried other download sites with these settings.

I believe my original attempt failed because I was trying it with links I'd acquired in iGetter prior to making the changes. All the links acquired after the changed have downloaded successfully.

Thanks iGetter Support.

09-12-2011 02:41 PM

Posted by:
Costanza

Minimal Segemnt Size Keeps Changeing

In a post above, iGetter Support suggested this:

"1. Turn on "Save redirected URLs" option at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel.
2. Set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 49999 KB."

Each time I set the minimal segment size to 49999 KB I close the preference and when I return it has changed to 50000 and once 50001.

Would this affect the workaround?

I've begun having downloads not complete again.

Once the link stalls and fails to complete iGetter will no longer display any Log for me to copy. How do I get the log for failed filesonic downloads?

09-13-2011 08:46 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Costanza,
First, "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, is fine to be anything over 40000 KB. To see the transfer log of any waiting/broken download, it should be started and selected in the queue. Also, you should select some segment (i.e. Segment 1).

Since less users read the entire thread and just pick instructions, here is a summary how to download from filesonic:

1. You need to enter the following site entries in the Site Manager with your user info:

2. Filesonic downloads work and can be resumed fine if the "Save redirected URLs" option (at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel) is OFF.
3. But if you also download from other filesharing services as rapidshare, fileserve, etc., then "Save redirected URLs" option should be ON and "Minimal segment size" value over 40000 KB. In this case filesonic downloads can't be resumed, but once started they should complete without problem.

In any case, if a waiting filesonic download appears, the workaround to resume it is to copy the original link from the same site. Then pause that download in iGetter, open its "Items Settings" dialog (by double clicking on it) and paste the original URL (replacing the existing one). Then you will be able to resume the download just fine.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-11-2012 10:46 PM

Posted by:
Costanza

Save redirected URLs Question

Why not have iGetter allow you to "save redirected URLs" based on which site the link is from. iGetter could offer a check box in the Site Manager Dialogue when you're inputting your credentials. That way all downloads could be 'Easily' resumable with out having to go find the original link.

The problem with "original links" is often they cannot be seen or even retrieved. Many users only post partial links that resolve undetected back at filesonic while others use anonymous links like anonym.to and others to protect their links from leechers.

It's a huge shortfall when you have to copy and paste 40 some odd links to complete a download.

BTW thanks for the previous reply!

Costanza

01-13-2012 05:54 AM

Posted by:
deejay

Find more posts by deejay

filesonic

Since few days I can't download any filesonic links.Igetter doesn't recognize them,and downloads as a empty file.Igetter set up as you recommend guys...What am I doing wrong?

01-18-2012 07:32 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

deejay,
We just tried a filesonic download to be sure that it still works with the instructions posted above (see our post from 09-13-2011) and it completed without any problem. Link which we tried starts with "http://www.filesonic.com/file/...".

You can paste some link in your browser to see if there is some error (file may be deleted, etc.). Finally, you can send to us a link for testing using our support form http://www.igetter.net/contactus.html.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply