iGetter not Intercepting Downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-08-2011 04:37 PM

Posted by:
Raj Patel

Find more posts by Raj Patel

So I have integrated iGetter with Chrome and I see the contextual menu in Chrome. But when I click on a direct link for example in Fileserve or Hotfile with direct downloads enabled on both sites...it starts downloads in chrome. But if i select the contextual menu and select download with iGetter it works.

Is there a way to enable single click download with iGetter instead of going through contextual menu? In addition, there are some downloads like DMG ones which are intercepted so not sure what is going on. I have avi file type enabled in preferences too.

03-14-2011 09:34 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Raj,
iGetter integrates with Google Chrome through its browser plugin. You may check if it's loaded in Chrome if you type "about:plugins" in the address bar. If it's not listed there see if the iGetter "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function is on. iGetter browser plugin works when you click on a download link. It should automatically send to iGetter only files with extensions listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel (by default these extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip,gz, tgz, dmg").

There are some cases when Chrome (and other browsers) doesn't send downloads to the iGetter plugin (i.e. when web page redirects to another URL) or when a QuickTime plugin tries to play the movie instead.

We can help you more if you send us an example URL for testing. What kind of files are you trying to download?

If you use Firefox (v3 or v4) you can install the FlashGot extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/). FlashGot will add an option to download the files with iGetter on the Firefox "Save As" dialog as well as several useful contextual menu commands.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply