< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-12-2011 06:47 AM

Posted by:
Jakab Gipsz

Find more posts by Jakab Gipsz

Hello!

Is there any solution, to pause downloading between two files for ~ 1 second?

Some servers refuses the connection, because iGetter starts immediatly the new download, after the previous finished.

Thank you!

03-14-2011 09:50 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Jakab,
Currently, there is no such feature in iGetter, but you may limit the number of connections for a given site at iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel (enter the site as http://.site.com/ ). Also, you may increase the "Timeout reconnecting '#' sec" value to max 999 sec. which will prevent further connection attempts for about 16 min. when iGetter receives an error.

Another workaround is to limit the download speed using the "Obey speed limit" (Cmd+L) Downloads menu function and then adjust the speed limit slider at the right-bottom corner. That way you will increase the time between downloads.

Your request is already in the iGetter wish list.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

03-14-2011 12:28 PM

Posted by:
Jakab Gipsz

Find more posts by Jakab Gipsz

Hello!

Some days ago I tryed all of your tips (and more), but no luck. If i manually start the download after the previous is finished, everithing is working fine. Of course, i can't start immediatly the new download, when the previous is finished, so i made the delay.

But, i'm happy to read that, this request is in the wish list! :) I'm waiting the new version!

Thank you!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply