Igetter stays minimized
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-21-2011 04:28 PM

Posted by:
Dionysis

Find more posts by Dionysis

This might be a silly problem but I don't seem to find a setting to fix it. I have a registered Igetter on Windows 7. After a few minutes of normal operation its window stays minimized and I can't revive it (although the downloads are still working well). Is this something default? Or is it just me?

03-22-2011 08:50 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Dionysis,
If iGetter window is minimized for some reason, it can be restored by double clicking on the iGetter tray icon near to the clock or on Windows 7 by a single click on the iGetter taskbar icon. If you can't restore it, most probably there is a New URL dialog waiting for your attention (hidden behind some window). Would you please send a screenshot to our support email .

Thanks,
iGetter Support

03-22-2011 12:09 PM

Posted by:
Dionysis

I'm afraid your suggestions don't work. If I use alt+tab I can see the Igetter windows but as soon as I release the keys it gets minimized again. Strange.

03-22-2011 04:55 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Dionysis,
If the problem persists can you post some steps to reproduce the problem? Do you use a theme software instead of Windows 7 Aero?

Thanks,
iGetter Support

03-23-2011 02:03 AM

Posted by:
Dionysis

I don't think so. Windows 7 were already installed when I bought my Vaio. I didn't change anything. But could it be installed other way? I don't even know how to check on this...

When I open Igetter, for a couple of minutes minimize/maximize works OK. After that I can only glimple at the window as I described in my previous post. In order to maximize the window I have to close and re-open the application. After a couple of minutes the problem reappears. Maybe if I unistalled and installed the program again?..

03-23-2011 02:24 AM

Posted by:
Dionysis

Another observation:
When the problem begins, the download bar animation also freezes (when I glimpse the Igetter window with Alt+Tab as I described), although the downloads still continue. Moving the mouse to the program icon near the clock (bottom right) shows the download information correct.

03-23-2011 10:40 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Dionysis,
This is the first time we receive such report. It seems that iGetter has been locked (you should see a "Not responding" text in the title bar) or its window has wrong coordinates outside the display or the browser from which you add links to iGetter causes some problem.

Would you please send to our support email some steps to reproduce it, including the way you add a download to iGetter (from a browser, by copy and paste, etc.), some URL for testing, number of segments for that download, etc. We need to start the same download(s) and see what may cause the reported problem. A screenshot (when iGetter is working and its window is still visible) would be fine, too.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-20-2011 10:36 AM

Posted by:
Nathan

Find more posts by Nathan

I have the same issue. Has it been resolved?

08-24-2011 12:43 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Nathan,
We fixed (in the forthcoming v2.6.5) a problem that a maximized window can't be restored. This may be related to the described problem. However, we was unable to reproduce the problem explained by Dionysis above.

If the problem occurs again, would you please check if the contextual menu command "Show Main Window" works (right click on the iGetter taskbar icon and choose "Show Main Window").

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-25-2011 10:40 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

It seems that problem occurs at "Show Desktop" Windows command (Windows Logo key + D) or Minimize all (Windows Logo key + M). If you immediately use the "Show Desktop" command for a second time or respectively Undo Minimize all (SHIFT + Windows logo key + M), iGetter window will be restored.

We already fixed this problem in the forthcoming v2.6.5.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply