< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-02-2011 12:47 PM

Posted by:
Liseam

Find more posts by Liseam

Hello,

FireFox 4, is my default browser. However iGetter does not appear on its contextual menu. When I was using FireFox 3, I did not have this problem. iGetter does not appear in Chrome's contextual menu either. I read your instructions given to another poster of how to place iGetter in Chrome's extension menu, however I need more instructions about how to do this. Please help.

Thank you.

04-04-2011 11:00 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Liseam,
Firefox 4 has significantly changed APIs, so the current iGetter add-on will not work. However, the workaround is to install the FlashGot add-on from here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/

With this add-on you will be able to choose iGetter on the Firefox save dialog as well as use several contextual menu commands that work with iGetter.

Chrome extension is not implemented yet for the Windows version of iGetter (v2.6). It supports Chrome only trough it browser plugin that works when you click on a download link (default files that iGetter should intercept are: mp3,zip,rar,r*,arj,z,7z,gz,bz,bz2,cab,msi,tgz,tar,hqx,dmg,sit,bin,exe).

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-18-2011 05:11 PM

Posted by:
Liseam

Find more posts by Liseam

Hello,

I apologize for not responding sooner. However, I did not get an opportunity to try your suggestion until today and of course it works.

I enjoy using iGetter because it is so simple to use and dependable. For me this is extremely important especially I know little about computing.

Thank you for your assistance, another reason I am happy I chose iGetter.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply