iGetter 2.8.7 doesn't download Fileserve links
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-14-2011 10:01 PM

Posted by:
Greg Andresen

Find more posts by Greg Andresen

Since updating iGetter from 2.8.5 to 2.8.7, I can no longer download Fileserve links from Safari. Clicking the link in Safari used to open the download in iGetter (in 2.8.5). Now it starts downloading in Safari. I have iGetter > Preferences > Advanced set to "Save redirected URLs" but that doesn't help.

06-15-2011 05:52 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Greg,
What version of Safari you use?

Can you reproduce the problem with the iGetter v2.8.7 English download on the following page:
http://www.presenta.net/downloads.html

If Safari doesn't send the link to iGetter when you click on it, open Safari's menu Help -> "Installed Plug-ins" and look if dmg extension is listed in the "iGetter Plugin" table. Also, see if you have more than one versions of iGetter installed and delete the redundant copies.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-15-2011 09:07 AM

Posted by:
Greg Andresen

Find more posts by Greg Andresen

rar is missing

Thanks for your help. When I go to Help > Installed Plugins in Safari, the extension rar is NOT listed - the files I'm trying to download are rar files. How can I add rar to the plugin?

06-15-2011 08:04 PM

Posted by:
Greg

Find more posts by Greg

Reverting to 2.8.5 works fine

I've reverted to 2.8.5 and all is fine again

06-16-2011 10:10 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Most probably, you've already done that, but you need to add "rar" to extensions listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel (by default these extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg").

If Safari doesn't send some links to iGetter, try to start iGetter app first and then click on the link(s). On some pages Safari may not load iGetter plugin, but if you start iGetter app it will make sure that its plugin is loaded in Safari.

Note that current version of iGetter doesn't support Safari 5.1 that comes with Lion.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-16-2011 05:23 PM

Posted by:
Greg

Find more posts by Greg

Sticking with 2.8.5

Hi again,

Yes, I've added "rar" to extensions listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel. The iGetter plugin does load on all my Safari pages but the extension "rar' isn't listed. I'm sticking with 2.8.5 until this is fixed.

Cheers,

Greg

06-17-2011 10:12 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Greg,
Please, send any rar URL that may reproduce the problem using our support form: http://presenta.net/igetterfeedback.html.

We tried some rar files with both v2.8.5 and 2.8.7 and they work exactly the same.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

06-18-2011 02:32 AM

Posted by:
Greg

Find more posts by Greg

Error posted

Thanks. I've just done that

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply