< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-07-2011 07:01 PM

Posted by:
Krofa

Find more posts by Krofa

Hello.

I am a happy but limited user of iGetter. The launch spash shows that I've downloaded 83 files totalling 16058.83 MBs over a program run time of 3 days 15 hours 20 minutes. This all has occured over about two years time. So I don't think I'd be considered a heavy downloader.

Though I really love and do support independent software (I'm an independent musician myself), at the current pricing policy, I prefer waiting for the splash to go away instead of purchasing a license. Especially for my limited use scenario, where I use iGetter mainly for bandwidth throttling and starting / stopping longer downloads.

I don't know what kind of time and expenditure goes into writing such a program, so I don't mean to be presumptuos or disrespectful regarding the development effort. However, I believe that if iGetter were to be priced more competitively and was also present at the Mac App Store, it has the potential to make up for the lost purchase price through the number of sales.

I know that I'd have bought it a long time ago if it were priced similarly to many useful utilites on the Mac App Store.

So this is basically a price reduction request!

Anyways; my 2ยข.

Best.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply