< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-17-2011 10:43 PM

Posted by:
Felix

Find more posts by Felix

Hello,

good to see the amount of support for iGetter here!

But I am wondering, at the advent of Mac OS X Lion, are there any compatibility issues, or is it all fine?

Thank You in advance!
Kind regards, Felix

07-20-2011 06:08 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Felix,
[Edited on 8/15/2011] Current iGetter version 2.8.7 should work fine on Lion. However, contextual menu commands will not appear in Safari 5.1 and Firefox 5.

If you use Safari 5.1 you can drag and drop links on the iGetter dock icon or use Safari's CM command "Copy Link" and then iGetter's menu Edit -> Paste (Cmd +V).

The workaround for Firefox is to install the FlashGot add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/). With this add-on you will be able to choose iGetter on the Firefox save dialog as well as use several contextual menu commands that work with iGetter. The corresponding commands are:
"Download with iGetter" -> "FlashGot Link"
"Download all with iGetter" -> "FlashGot All"
"Download selection with iGetter" -> "FlashGot Selection"

Thanks,
iGetter Support

07-22-2011 12:40 PM

Posted by:
Wile E. Coyote

Find more posts by Wile E. Coyote

Lion Compatibility

The response from iGetter support confuses me. On the one hand you say iGetter 2.8.7 is compatible with Lion but not with Safari 5.1. Given that Safari 5.1 is installed with Lion this cancels out. I have been unsuccessful getting iGetter to work in a default install of Lion which includes Safari 5.1.

07-22-2011 01:16 PM

Posted by:
Ian

Find more posts by Ian

I have not been able to get it to work either. This product will run under lion but is next to useless as it will not integrate with Safari 5.1. When will this be fixed?

07-25-2011 08:47 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Currently, we're working on Safari 5.1 support. Apple has disabled APIs that we used in Safari v5.0.5 and prior. The workaround for Safari 5.1 is to drag and drop links on the iGetter dock icon or use Safari's CM command "Copy Link" and then iGetter's menu Edit -> Paste (Cmd +V).

If you use Safari 5.1 and iGetter v2.8.7 make sure that you have turned off "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" and "Integrate with Internet browsers" options at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.

07-27-2011 04:00 PM

Posted by:
Dhivan

Find more posts by Dhivan

Hello, I love your product. I've followed your instructions for using Safari 5.1 and Lion OS, but iGetter doesn't work. The link appears in the iGetter window, then disappears again. Any suggestions?

07-28-2011 06:00 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Dhivan,
So what link was that? Did you try to click on it?

The universal solution for all such links is the Firefox browser along with the FlashGot add-on installed. When you click on such link and Firefox save dialog appears you will be able to choose iGetter as an option to download the file:

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-28-2011 09:45 AM

Posted by:
Dhivan

Hello again. I have solved my own problem. I found that following your instructions for using Safari 5.1 under Lion did not work. But if you click the button e.g. in the film downloading site I use, then the file starts downloading within Safari. Usually this does not really work. But right-clicking (i.e. two finger clicking using Mac trackpad) on the window showing the download progress brings up a menu with the option 'copy address'. Clicking this and copying it into iGetter using 'edit' then 'paste' causes iGetter to start downloading as normal.

07-28-2011 09:47 AM

Posted by:
Dhivan

Thanks for this reply, iGetter Support. Actually I tried this option using Firefox already, but without luck. The link appears in iGetter then disappears straight away. However, by trial and error I seem to have discovered a work-around solution, as mentioned in my other post. Probably you will have the technical knowledge to understand what I've done! Thanks again for your great product.

07-29-2011 10:43 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Dhivan,
There is a thread on this forum about filmous.com/movieberry.com sites, where Firefox + FlashGot + clicking on the movie "Download" button + selecting FlashGot:iGetter option on the Firefox save dialog, worked just fine.

In order to find what causes the problem in your case we need an example URL for testing. You can send it to us using our feedback form: http://presenta.net/igetterfeedback.html

Thanks,
iGetter Support

07-31-2011 05:18 AM

Posted by:
Guus

Find more posts by Guus

iGetter is working fine with Safari 5.1 for me!

I have set the HTTP User Agent to Apple Mac OS X CoreMedia v1.0.0.10H574

08-19-2011 02:24 PM

Posted by:
Papa Gordie

Find more posts by Papa Gordie

It is disappointing to not see anything indicating full Lion support is on the horizon. I have been a long time user/supporter of iGetter but for me those days are now numbered. The suggestions I have seen to disable certain settings or to copy and paste a URL into iGetter's window are definitely not methods that I purchased an iGetter license for. Pity.

08-30-2011 11:17 AM

Posted by:
Wile E. Coyote

No news on full Lion compatibility?

I always hopeful I will visit Presenta and at least see a beta or, perhaps better, information from iGetter Support stating whether any progress has been made on full Lion compatibility and what timeline it is on. I'm not interested in using iGetter as a download manager if I have to have iGetter running all the time to copy/paste or drag urls to it. If Presenta's view is that that is an appropriate development of iGetter I am most disappointed.

09-04-2011 01:49 AM

Posted by:
Christophe 31

Find more posts by Christophe 31

Hi everybody,
I use iGetter 2.8.7 and Safari 5.1 with Lion and if I make this points see above, iGetter works fine :
-Switch off Safari
-Turn off "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" and "Integrate with Internet browsers" options at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.
-Set the HTTP User Agent to "Apple Mac OS X CoreMedia v1.0.0.10H574"
-Turned on "Integrate with Internet browsers" options at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.
A message appear click "yes"
-Switch on Safari
Normally Safari and iGetter work fine.

09-08-2011 08:20 PM

Posted by:
Wile E. Coyote

No Lion Compatibility

Re: Christophe 31's comment that iGetter was working under Lion.

Just because I must be a glutton for punishment I tried the steps Christophe 31 listed and had zero success. I ran the iGetter uninstall script and manually looked for the rest of the pieces to completely delete it. Downloaded a fresh copy and started from zero with the exact same result - for me, iGetter is definitely not Lion-ready.

It would be nice to see something in this forum that gives confidence the Dev is working toward a solution. Good communication with your supporters can go a long way.

09-09-2011 01:16 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

What Christophe is talking about is iGetter plugin which works with Safari 5.1 (including Lion). This plugin intercepts downloads (when you click on a link) with extensions listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel (by default they are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg"). This plugin is installed when you turn on "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu command or if you turn on "Integrate with Internet browsers" option at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.

You can test iGetter plugin on the Apple downloads site: http://support.apple.com/downloads/. Just click on "Download" button of any update and it should appear in iGetter (some downloads require email registration i.e. iTunes).

HTTP User Agent, set to CoreMedia, at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel, may help with some QuickTime movie downloads which otherwise may not start in iGetter. The site from which Christophe downloads is not mentioned, but movie downloads may go in conflict with the QuickTime plugin (see Safari's Help menu -> Installed Plugins). In this case which plugin will intercept a movie download is undetermined, so we don't recommend adding movie or audio extensions at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-10-2011 10:34 AM

Posted by:
Wile E. Coyote

Re: Lion Compatibility

I appreciate the comments from the iGetter team but, for me, following those directions as well as trying a download from Apple pops up a gray window with the word "iGetter" in the middle. No downloads occur. No matter what page I have tried a download from I get this exact same behaviour. This now is on a completely fresh install of iGetter.

09-13-2011 08:06 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

If you see the following in Safari, then you have the ClickToPlugin extension installed:

The logic of ClickToPlugin is to disable any plugin until you click on the gray window (with plugin's name). So, to send the download to iGetter, just click on the gray page with the "iGetter Plugin" text or enable iGetter plugin in ClickToPlugin preferences. You may also enable or disable ClickToPlugin extension from Safari preferences, Extensions panel.

By default, ClickToPlugin extension is not installed in Safari.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-18-2011 12:48 AM

Posted by:
Christophe

Find more posts by Christophe

News

Some news from me.
I have a new problem with iGetter and Safari 5.1 (Lion). For each download link, iGetter don't arrive to switch on and I have a crash report. I'm obliged to let iGetter always switch on and then no problem, when I click on a download link iGetter works fine. Why ?

09-19-2011 01:12 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Christophe,
Please, send to our support email the following info:
1. If iGetter has crashed, send the "iGetter.crash.log" file located here: /Users/<your user>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/. To open that folder on Lion, you can use your
Terminal app (/Applications/Utilities folder). Start Terminal and paste the following line (then press Return):

open ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/

2. If Safari has crashed, the "Safari.crash.log" file located in the same folder above.

3. Exact steps to reproduce the problem with an example URL.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

09-30-2011 06:58 PM

Posted by:
MrBrillo

Find more posts by MrBrillo

iGetter 2.8.7 v Safari 5.1

Guys - none of the solutions proposed by other iGetter users work for me. In every single case, the download is taken over by Safari. This is NOT what I paid good money for.

When will a fix be available?

10-03-2011 12:46 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

MrBrillo,
There are two possible reasons why Safari may start a download instead of iGetter. First, file types which iGetter intercepts by default are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg" (see iGetter preferences, Integration panel). In other words if you download a media file it will not be send to iGetter.

Second possible reason is that some sites use the "Content-disposition" HTTP entity which Safari always takes on its own. The only workaround in this case is to use Firefox with the FlashGot add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/).

Also, if you expect a fix, please send first a bug report using our support form: http://www.presenta.net/igetterfeedback.html.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

10-09-2011 11:41 AM

Posted by:
Wile E. Coyote

Lion Compatibility (Resolved for me)

Posted by:
iGetter Support

The logic of ClickToPlugin is to disable any plugin until you click on the gray window (with plugin's name). So, to send the download to iGetter, just click on the gray page with the "iGetter Plugin" text or enable iGetter plugin in ClickToPlugin preferences. You may also enable or disable ClickToPlugin extension from Safari preferences, Extensions panel.

This was in reply to my being unable to get iGetter to function as well as my poor attitude while trying to resolve this. This was the precise problem for me and one where I completely forgot about ever installing ClickToPlugin.

My apologies to all and appreciation for your patience.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply