contextual menu broken in safari 5.1
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-30-2011 05:34 PM

Posted by:
sterval2x

Find more posts by sterval2x

It looks like the contextual menu has disappeared since upgarding to safari 5.1 (using snow leopard)... anyone has the same issue???

07-31-2011 05:11 AM

Posted by:
Guus

Find more posts by Guus

Yep, no contextual menu here too.....

08-01-2011 06:01 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

[Edited on 8/29/2011] Indeed, in Safari 5.1 Apple has disabled APIs that we used in v5.0.5 and prior. To add downloads to iGetter you can drag and drop links on the iGetter dock icon or use Safari's CM command "Copy Link" and then iGetter's menu Edit -> Paste (Cmd +V).

Currently, we're working on Safari 5.1 support, but we don't have a timeframe for exactly when the update will be available.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-01-2011 01:54 PM

Posted by:
sterval2x

Thanks for the answer, looking forward for an update in the near future! will use your suggestion in the meanwhile.

08-02-2011 02:57 PM

Posted by:
D.I.G.

Find more posts by D.I.G.

I also really miss the contextual menu integration with Safari 5.1, and eagerly await the fix!

08-26-2011 10:26 AM

Posted by:
William Grubaugh

Find more posts by William Grubaugh

Still, does not work in Safari 5.1! How long must we wait, for you to update? When I pay for a service or application, I expect it to work. You should of had this resolved long ago! NOT GOOD!

09-07-2011 12:39 PM

Posted by:
sterval2x

Any hope? Really missing that feature!

09-30-2011 03:28 AM

Posted by:
alex

Find more posts by alex

i too have no context menu support, running max os 10.6.8 and safari 5.1 (6534.50).

i have no intention of upgrading to lion on this machine.

i have other computers with the same os/safari version and they are also missing the context menu.

its quite frustrating to use the copy/paste link stuff when your trying to grab a list of files.

iGetter used to be a great piece of software! so good iv actually ended up purchasing it twice, now though with some regret.

Alex.

10-13-2011 08:34 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

iGetter v2.8.8 adds contextual menu support for Safari 5.1 (both on Snow Leopard and Lion). You can download it from here:
http://www.igetter.net/downloads.html

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-13-2011 03:35 PM

Posted by:
Imaria

Find more posts by Imaria

Unfortunately, iGetter seems to crash every time I send it a link via the new Safari contextual menu.

10-14-2011 06:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Imaria,
Please, send to our support email the following info:
1. If iGetter has crashed, send the "iGetter.crash.log" file located here: /Users/<your user>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/. To open that folder on Lion, you can use your Terminal app (/Applications/Utilities folder). Start Terminal and paste the following line (then press Return):

open ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/

2. If Safari has crashed, the "Safari.crash.log" file located in the same folder above.

3. Exact steps to reproduce the problem with an example URL.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

10-16-2011 10:02 PM

Posted by:
sterval2x

Thanks! Works fine here using safari 5.1.1 and OS 10.6.8.
(Sorry I replied in the wrong thread earlier)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply