Enhancement request - File colours
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-31-2011 08:41 PM

Posted by:
PC

Find more posts by PC

Hi guys, I had an idea for an enhancement for iGetter. My download folder gets full quickly and I use the OSX file colour coding to quickly determine which files are for reading, movies, etc. Is it possible to right-click on a download entry (or entries) in iGetter, select a colour, and when its finished saving that file, that it colour codes that file?

Thanks, PC

09-02-2011 07:21 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

That's an interesting idea and I added it in the iGetter Wish list. However, you can achieve similar result even now with a Folder Action AppleScript from here: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20070408193708936. I tested it and when iGetter finished a dmg file, it appeared with an orange label in the ~/Downloads folder (where I enabled folder action script). Script uses predefined labels by extensions which you may change. On the same page there is a better mod of that script that will label your downloads the same color as existing files in that folder.

Currently, in iGetter you can use Filters by Extensions (existing both for Downloads and History lists). Predefined filters are: Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures, Applications and Compressed. Also, you can use Download Rules (Tools menu function) that can sort your downloads in different folders by file type, file size and/or site.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply