Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Download folder of files instead of just one file at a time?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-12-2011 10:57 PM

Posted by:
RobertChase

Find more posts by RobertChase

I'd LOVE to be able to download a whole folder from the Site Explorer.

Basically I have my site explorer setup into my FTP. There it'd be SO much simpler to be able to secondary click on folders and download the whole folder into my download folder.

This is the one thing that's missing for me from iGetter. Otherwise, great app, best segmented downloader for Mac, I've tried I think all of them now.

Right now I have to download file by file, then create the folder the files were in on my local machine. It works, but it's more steps. Lots of FTP programs are able to do this, please to be letting iGetter have that functionality?

11-14-2011 03:22 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Indeed, downloading entire folders in Site Explorer would be very useful. It's already listed in the iGetter Wish List.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

12-02-2011 06:05 PM

Posted by:
RobertChase

Find more posts by RobertChase

Awesome. Thanks!

08-09-2012 12:58 AM

Posted by:
amersg

Find more posts by amersg

are you guys going to support downloading folders through ftp in the next update, It's really important

08-09-2012 04:08 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

This is is the third request for downloading a whole FTP folder, so I moved it up on the iGetter Wish List.

The closest suggestion that is near to what you want is to create a Site rule using menu Tools, Download Rules command. For example download rule may be on the "mozilla.org" site with a specific folder. Then you can navigate to the FTP folder (i.e. "ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/14.0.1/mac/en-US/") in Site Explorer, select all files inside it and use "Add to queue" contextual menu command. iGetter should download these files automatically to the folder defined in the download rule.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-04-2012 09:03 AM

Posted by:
Dror

Find more posts by Dror

download folder

the only thing that prevent my from buying the program is the fact that you cant download folder and sub folder this is a big problem if you can add this to the windows version to
thank you!

10-07-2012 05:20 PM

Posted by:
brad

Find more posts by brad

4rth request

this is a much needed feature.

also better bookmarking system, like transmit or something would be nice. I have to retype every time.

12-13-2012 10:49 AM

Posted by:
Tom

Find more posts by Tom

folders

I also would like to be able to download folders.

01-01-2013 08:16 PM

Posted by:
Msan

Find more posts by Msan

Yes, folder and subfolder download is needed.. Once that feature is available I will buy the program..

02-14-2013 07:50 AM

Posted by:
Darkside

Find more posts by Darkside

I don't know guys what are you waiting for to support one of the most important future which is folders and sub folders, this is the only future that would prevent iGetter from being the best downloader. I can't find any ftp client that can be reliable like iGetter and the speed is just amazing. Just please consider seriously on supporting this future. Maybe bookmarking too so I don't have to put the server info every time I close iGetter.

04-25-2013 07:29 PM

Posted by:
Mike

Find more posts by Mike

I have had iGetter for close on 12months now, I have it on several machines and I have the extra licences for those machines. I have asked and asked for this feature. How hard can it be, other downloaders have this feature. I have supported you software the right way, please look into this as a high priority. Like other have said, it would put the icing on the cake of an already excellent program.

Come on guys, lets have this moved to top of the list.

Mike

05-10-2013 07:31 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Mike,
We appreciate your support. However, retina display support, full screen option, dated folders and so on fill the wish list constantly. I moved folder downloading on top again. Our current plans are to include this feature in the next major release, where whole download engine and interface would be reworked.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

06-29-2013 08:45 AM

Posted by:
Dee

Find more posts by Dee

Folders are a must

I've been reading and I have to agree 100%. If you implement (recursive) folders this is a purchase for me.

D

06-29-2013 11:10 AM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

So it was discussed next major update download folder option would be implemented. Still no go, I would of brought this app if I didnt have to select every single file in a folder every time I downloaded a rar release..... Ive been using it for years now and even if it is ever implemented am so annoyed it has been over looked for so long would not support this software by buying it ever.

07-01-2013 02:15 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

To clarify the above post, next major release means v3.0.

05-14-2014 06:01 PM

Posted by:
Simon

Find more posts by Simon

Staff, stop procrastinating anymore and don't ever think this feature is any less important than others you have in mind. This feature had been suggested over 3 years ago and till this date, it has yet to be implemented.

All major downloaders have this feature, so make this your most important thing on your todo list. It's sickening to download individual files and combining them back to their respective folders. It's 2014 guys, not the dialup period anymore. You can't expect users to do this any longer than it is, can you? It's been 3 years!

Come on! Enough already with this BS and start reworking your engines!

07-05-2014 11:18 AM

Posted by:
Nick

Find more posts by Nick

As a new mac user I was surprised at how few download managers were available. iGetter is fantastic though, and the best download manager for Mac by far. Downloading folders and subfolders is really the only glaring feature that is missing as far as I can tell. Definitely going to buy if they add this feature.

01-15-2015 06:09 AM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

Obviously folder downloads mustn't be an easy thing to code into the program cause honestly who actually cares for dated folders, retina support and what ever else was mentioned.
iGetter v2.9997567384859 is what we will see before a igetter 3 "major release" if you ask me

06-18-2015 10:53 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

I would really like to download whole folders as well. I understand that things are more complicated to implement than most lay people realize....but, come on guys...three years gone by now?

10-08-2015 01:34 AM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

4 year anniversary of the folder download option ;)

Go Retina!

10-12-2015 01:37 AM

Posted by:
Mike

Find more posts by Mike

Folder Downloads

Common Ogi, this is long overdue...do we have an update or is this NEVER going to happen...would make an already great program even better.

10-12-2015 12:23 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Adding new features to iGetter is not a decision that can be made by the support person. There is a Bug List which is urgent and a Wish List which is observed by the tech. manager. As we stated above "Our current plans are to include this feature in the next major release, where whole download engine and interface would be reworked.". This decision is not changed. However, I will write a note of that request in order to put it on top of the Wish List. All I can say today is that version 3.0 may not appear very soon.

All users posting in this thread should focus on the initial request for downloading a whole FTP folder from the Site Explorer. At some point a user requested downloading a folder and sub folder. Then another user a bookmarking system. At some point Mike asked about downloading a folder from an HTTP site loaded in a browser. The idea that all users seems to share is that iGetter should mirror the remote content on the local drive. The problem in this case is how deep in the hierarchy it should go and what to exclude. A web site page may link to other sites and so on.

Regards,
iGetter Support

P.S.: HiDPI font support for Retina displays has been added in v2.9.2 (released on 6/21/2013).

10-21-2015 04:35 PM

Posted by:
Mike

Find more posts by Mike

Thanks for the reply. At least it has not been forgotten it seems, that is good to know I guess.

10-29-2015 01:39 AM

Posted by:
Davidc

Find more posts by Davidc

promises, promises

Getting iGetter developers to give us a feature that seems so obviously important is reminding me of years of asking Waze to let us turn off "Vehicle on the shoulder" alerts. I get 20-30 or those a day on my commute. Can't turn it off. Forum posters continually ask for it. Wake support people say they continually put it at the top of the request list. Waze developers continually ignore the request.

11-08-2015 02:29 PM

Posted by:
yakker

Find more posts by yakker

"All users posting in this thread should focus on the initial request for downloading a whole FTP folder from the Site Explorer. At some point a user requested downloading a folder and sub folder. Then another user a bookmarking system. At some point Mike asked about downloading a folder from an HTTP site loaded in a browser. "

The thing is, the ability to copy an entire directory is a major feature that should have been included from the beginning. It's baffling that it's not supported natively.

01-09-2016 06:48 PM

Posted by:
Chip

Find more posts by Chip

Another one bites the dust

Another release, still no support for folder downloading. Like many others, I would buy this program if this was included but refuse to do so until that happens.

01-10-2016 08:18 PM

Posted by:
SadCustomer

Find more posts by SadCustomer

Fingers crossed for 2017 update hey!

Another year, another update and still no folder download....

Why doesn't someone just man up and admit its not gonna happen anytime soon.

i'll now never pay for getter and just pirate it even if it is added.

Good job guys!

03-02-2016 11:57 PM

Posted by:
mike

Find more posts by mike

igetter folder download on mac

Apparently this is implemented in the Windows version now, but not in OS X still? Lame.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply