Accidentally deleted history
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-13-2011 07:08 PM

Posted by:
Kait

Find more posts by Kait

Hi, I accidentally deleted my history on iGetter and now all my files on my downloads folder are deleted. Is there anyway to retrieve it back?

Thank you in advance.

12-15-2011 02:24 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Kait,
When you delete an item from the iGetter Downloads or History lists, an alert appears with the option "Also delete downloaded local files". If you have checked that option and confirmed the only way to retrieve deleted physical files back is to use a recovery tool such as R-STUDIO or Data Rescue. You can try their demo versions which recover small files for free and show available for recovery files. May be you can find some free file recovery tool for the HFS+ file system (it's good that you don't use that drive until you recover your files).

iGetter has a Backup Lists (Cmd+B) function which is useful for cases when downloads or history lists are corrupted somehow or if user wants to load an old version of these lists using the menu File -> Open Downloads/History list...

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-15-2011 09:12 PM

Posted by:
Kait

Find more posts by Kait

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help :)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply