Sort Order Of Added Downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-10-2012 11:31 AM

Posted by:
Marc

Find more posts by Marc

It appears that when multiple downloads are added in one time (e.g. with "Download All with iGetter" contextual menu item), iGetter changes the order of those downloads.

It is sometimes very useful to preserve the order in which downloads were selected. For example, when some downloads fail, it's easier to track which ones they were.

Is it possible to turn off this feature, or to add an option to do so?

Also, would you kindly clarify exactly which part of the download string is used as the sort key (it doesn't appear to be the whole string as far as I can tell.)

Thank you.

02-10-2012 07:24 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Marc,
Indeed, Process Web Page dialog, which appears at importing multiple links, starts with a sorted "File name" column. You may sort by other columns as well, but you're right that the original order is lost. We already added this request to the iGetter Bug List for a future fix.

Sorting is alphabetically on all columns. Do you have an example of wrongly sorted items?

Thanks,
iGetter Support

02-11-2012 07:30 PM

Posted by:
Marc

Find more posts by Marc

Sort Order Of Added Downloads

In response to your question, in the URL below, iGetter appears to treat "code.aspx" as the filename and I couldn't tell what happens with the rest of the string.

Since there are so many possible combinations on which to sort, I don't think there's a "right" solution for sorting. That's why I think it will be very helpful when you add the option of no sorting at all. We can then all know the order of appearance without having to decode iGetters sort algorithm.

Thanks!

http://www.hostname.com/code.aspx?<hoster-specific-string>

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply