Error Recovery In iGetter
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-12-2012 06:24 PM

Posted by:
Marc

Find more posts by Marc

I encountered quite a few failed downloads recently as a result of hoster problems.

I figured I'd simply go back and restart those downloads from scratch. Unfortunately, the original links had been redirected and I couldn't find the associated original links in the iGetter database (I even tried backing up the database and looking in the plist file.)

A number of hosters will only work with the "Save Redirected URLs" checked in the settings, so turning that off is not an option. Also, those redirected URLs typically expire before long.

First, is there anything I'm missing regarding finding the original URLs in iGetter?

If not, is it practical to add a field under items or in the database to save the original URLs along with the redirected ones in a future iGetter release?

Thanks!

02-17-2012 01:54 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

"Save redirected URLs" option (currently available for each item or generally for all downloads) is the only option that determines if the original or the redirected URL will be saved in the iGetter database. We plan to put that option in the Site Manager as well.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

02-17-2012 05:28 PM

Posted by:
Marc

Find more posts by Marc

I understand. I'm hoping that if you can see the value in allowing us to be able to go back and restart from scratch URLs that had failed, that you will add a field to the database and/or the item menu so that both URLs are saved (although only one or the other could be used during downloads, of course.)

Thanks for the consideration.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply