won't queue downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-24-2012 02:35 AM

Posted by:
Blake

Find more posts by Blake

I can't get iGetter to queue my downloads. I live in Australia now, and they have this ridiculous system where I can use 200GB on peak, and 200GB off peak; i obviously want to be downloading my movies and what not during the off peak hours of 2AM to 8 AM, but as soon as I click the link to download in iGetter, the download begins straight away.

I have tried to find the answer to this on my own, and was following instructions telling me to set the download to pending under the downloads drop menu.....but there is no such thing. only suspend. when I tested to see if it would work by setting it to begin 5 minutes from when I clicked it, it either starts right away when I click it, or not at all if i manually pause or suspend it.

how do I get the download to start when I am either not here or asleep at 2AM? I know how to set the schedule.....but I don't know how to get iGetter to follow that schedule.

Thanks

02-24-2012 08:27 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Blake,
As posted in some other threads, first you have to uncheck the "Start downloading immediately" option at iGetter preferences, General panel.

To use the schedule function:
1. iGetter app must be started.
2. Suspended downloads will not be started. In other words don't suspend any download and schedule function should work. If you want to be sure that all downloads are fine for scheduling, select all downloads (Cmd+A) and push the "Pause" button on the toolbar. When schedule start time arrives the "Start All" function will be triggered.
3. Since you want to start downloading after midnight, make sure that you set the next day for a start date. See the screenshot here: http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1216. If you've set a schedule start time/date in the past downloading will start immediately.
4. See if the "Schedule on" label appears on the iGetter status bar.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply