Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
How can I get downloaded files to go directly to itunes?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-29-2012 03:13 PM

Posted by:
Nick

Find more posts by Nick

Is there any way to get my downloaded music files to save directly to itunes? I mostly user igetter for mp3 files but once downloaded i have to then drag them from my downloads folder into itunes.

Thanks

03-02-2012 11:59 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Nick,
You can try the AppleScript posted here http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/folderaction01.php. You have to save the script to "/Library/Scripts/Folder Actions Scripts" and add a folder action to some folder on your HD. Here is the script which we tested on Mac OS X 10.6:

---------------------------
on adding folder items to my_folder after receiving the_files
repeat with i from 1 to number of items in the_files
tell application "iTunes"
launch
try
set this_file to (item i of the_files)
add this_file
end try
end tell
end repeat
end adding folder items to
--------------------------

With this script when you download some music files with iGetter in a designated folder, iTunes opens and all of completed music downloads appear in it. Script doesn't work well if you uncomment the code which deletes downloaded files (it leaves the last file undeleted). So to avoid physical copying to the iTunes library just uncheck the option "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" at iTunes Preferences, Advanced panel.

Alternatively, if you just want to play music files in a folder, open that folder, select all files and hit the space bar. QuickLook will open and play them without interaction with iTunes.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply