Integration with Evernote
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-09-2012 05:00 PM

Posted by:
Bryan

Find more posts by Bryan

If you have ever used Evernote, you know how addictive it is for the purpose of data and information organization.

I frequently archive content from web pages that have imbedded YouTube videos that I would like to have import along with the rest of the page.

Unfortunately this is a gaping missing piece in Evernote. While it seamlessly pulls in most content, video importation is glaringly absent.

Do you have a method of incorporating iGetter into Evernote? I would be willing to pay for it, if you did.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan Kaufman

03-13-2012 12:43 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Bryan,
This is the first request for Evernote integration and it sounds interesting, but there are two factors that could put it on top position of iGetter Wish List: users interest and if Evernote allows integration.

However, direct downloading from youtube is intentionally hidden. But there are several browser add-ons and sites which can extract direct youtube links. For example FlashGot add-on for Firefox allows you to download some flash movies with iGetter. You need to select "FlashGot Media" contextual menu command. There is a drawback that youtube FLV file is called videoplayback and you may need to rename it to videoplayback.flv after completion.

If you want to download high quality youtube movies you may install the following Firefox add-on:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/?src=search. Then install this script (click on the green "Install" button) here:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/62634

The above add-on and script will put a download button below any youtube video with several links that you could download with iGetter:

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply