downloads not completing
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-18-2012 10:14 PM

Posted by:
valsgurl

Find more posts by valsgurl

Hey there. I just got my copy of iGetter registered and my d/L keep stopping or rather going into waiting mode when they are a fraction away from being finished!
Not overly impressed with this as ive been using jdownloader up until last night without any problems.
Is there a way to ensure this doesnt keep happening?

05-21-2012 01:57 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

You can increase the "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 50000 KB. This way iGetter will not make new connections at the end of the file.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-10-2012 05:20 AM

Posted by:
Abhinav Vadrevu

Find more posts by Abhinav Vadrevu

Downloads not finishing

Even after setting it to 50000, downloads dont finish. Frustrating!

09-10-2012 01:22 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Vadrevu,
Did you try to find what error causes the problem in your case? Here is an example of a network error caused by a firewall:

Without some example URL, we can't help much. Often filesharing services prevent more than several connections (i.e. 8) and if you reach that limit you have to wait some time. Other cases are: a dropped connection by your ISP, overloaded download server, expired login session, etc.

The above suggestion to set "Minimal segment size" to 50000 KB (~50MB) only helps when download URL has already expired and you want to avoid new connections at all cost. If you download very large files (i.e. > 1GB) then set this value to 100000 KB. It also means that you must download the file immediately without pausing it.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply