Lost connections
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-11-2012 12:25 PM

Posted by:
asura82

Find more posts by asura82

I've been using iGetter for years, downloading from the same site, and this has never happened before.
After I upgraded to 2.8.8, whenever I download things, it goes smoothly at first, then after about a minute it'd say it's reconnecting/waiting and this goes on until i hit the pause button, then when I hit the start button again, it'll do the same thing, download a little, then it does that.
Would reinstalling it help?

Thanks..

07-13-2012 08:28 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

First, you can see the reason for the waiting state in the transfer transcript available on the "Segments" tab panel.

The reported problem looks like a site limit over the max number of connections you can make to them. What you may try:

1. Set "Max simultaneous downloads" option (at iGetter preferences, General panel) to 2, "Default number of segments" (Acceleration tab panel) value to 5 and "Minimal segment size" value on the same panel to 50 000 KB.
2. If the problem persists verify that these options are ON: "Save redirected URLs" (at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel) and "Send cookies from browser" (at iGetter preferences, Integration panel).

Changing the above options will take effect with the newly added downloads.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-14-2012 01:43 PM

Posted by:
asura82

Find more posts by asura82

Thank you so much!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply