< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-21-2012 05:40 PM

Posted by:
Jamil

Find more posts by Jamil

Hi
I have installed igetter 2.6.5 on windows 7, 64-bit and it seems that minimizing to notification area doesn't work on 64 bit editions of windows, I have an installation on my 32-bit windows XP and it works well when I minimize it. Hope that this issue be fixed on new release. Another feature that would be great if added, is Integration support in Opera 12.0

When will you release a new version of this great app ?

Thanks and Keep up the good work.

07-23-2012 10:00 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Jamil,
Would you please specify, how exactly you minimize iGetter on Win7? Do you use Minimize all (Windows Logo key + M) or some other method?

iGetter integrates with Opera through a browser plug-in which means that when you click on a download link with an extension listed in the iGetter options, Integration panel, iGetter will intercept the download. Unfortunately, Opera 12 has changed something and now Opera shows that iGetter plugin has crashed. Other than this message, integration works fine. We updated iGetter plugin for Opera 12 in the forthcoming v2.6.7.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-23-2012 05:51 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Jamil,
We tested iGetter v2.6.5 on Windows 7 64-bit as well as on a 32-bit version and minimize/maximize/restore functions work fine. Would you please post here or directly contact us with exact steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

07-23-2012 06:59 PM

Posted by:
Jamil

Find more posts by Jamil

Hi again and thanks for the replies.
Well I mentioned that minimizing to "notification area" does not work in windows 7, X64. though minimizing to "taskbar" works well for me.
I hope you also add "contextual menu" support for Opera 12.0 besides the "integration" update in the forthcoming v2.6.7.

A couple of months ago I also posted a thread containing three issues with IGetter on Windows 7 64-bit, here :

http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1417

the first issue is by nature of the TCP/IP connections, but the other two issues are as follow:

2.When I maximize the IGetter window and then minimize it (to taskbar), when I restore it back (from the taskbar), it's no longer maximized !, It's un-maximized.

3.When I want to copy or cut the files that were downloaded with iGetter to my USB flash drive in windows 7, Windows always gives me this warning message:
"Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties ?"
and only after selecting yes, it copies the files for me.

Hope these will help you guys, make a better update.

07-24-2012 11:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Thanks for clarification. Indeed, on Windows Vista and 7 iGetter main window minimizes to taskbar as recommended by Microsoft. Icons of all started apps now sit on the taskbar (either pined or not) and usually app windows minimize to them. To restore the iGetter window you can double click on iGetter notification area icon (or single click on iGetter taskbar icon). May be you want to remove iGetter icon (with attached thumbnail window) from the taskbar, but this is a feature of Windows 7 and we even added some of the iGetter commands to that icon.

We can't promise a contextual menu integration with Opera 12, but it would be fine if we add such as we did on Mac OS X.

You may try to solve the 99% issue by setting "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter options, Acceleration panel, to 50 000 KB. This way iGetter will not try to make new connections at least 50MB from the end of the file.

We can't reproduce the issue with the restored to a normal size window, it always (no matter how we do it) restores to a maximized window. Are you sure you use v2.6.5 or may be you have turned on some compatibility to Windows XP option?

The message you receive when you copy an iGetter download to a USB memory appears, because you copy a file with saved additional properties from NTFS to FAT32 file system. The additional info that iGetter stores in the file Comments field is the URL of the download. On Windows XP you can see that URL if you right-click on some file and select Properties -> Summary tab panel, Comments field. (Windows Vista/7 has removed Summary tab). The message just warns you that you will lose any saved properties that only NTFS file system supports, but FAT32 can't comprehend. File is not damaged in any way.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply