iGetter mangling URLs for download
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-22-2012 12:25 AM

Posted by:
ascary

Find more posts by ascary

Using Chrome on Win7. Often when I right click and choose "Download all with iGetter", iGetter mangles the URLs for download. The result is they all show as 'Broken'. I can manually, tediously, edit the URLs one-by-one to correct them, as the mangled URLs are often bad file extensions or extra characters after file extensions.

For instance, I now am attempting to download a list of .pdf files. After choosing "Download all with iGetter...", in the iGetter window that opens, half the files' URLs end in .pdf, some in .pdf., some in .pdf..pdf, some .pdff, .pdfpdf, .pdfd, some even .pdf..man.pdf ('man' is nowhere in these file names).

This happens on many sites.

Is there an update on the way to fix this?

07-23-2012 09:30 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

This is the first report of such problem, so we need a site URL to reproduce the problem. You can send it to us using our feedback form here: http://igetter.net/contactus.html.

When "Process Web page" dialog appears you may just sort table by extension and select only desired files or you may use the Options tab panel to filter URLs by extension or site.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply