Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
iGetting 2.9 and Chrome 22.0.1229.0 dev don't work together...
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-09-2012 12:32 PM

Posted by:
Steve Mayer

Find more posts by Steve Mayer

Attempting to use iGetter 2.9 with Chrome 22.0.1229.0 dev and each time I attempt to download a file, I get an error in Chrome that the plugin can't be loaded.

Here's some entries I've found in the system.log file:

Aug 9 08:19:09 spawn iGetter[49764]: The function `CGSFlushWindow' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGSFlushWindowContentRegion' instead.
Aug 9 08:24:14 spawn Google Chrome[49927]: Cannot find function pointer iGetterCMPluginFactory for factory 780C03AF-B5CE-11D6-A0A9-0005029E5A27 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x7b27ca40 </Users/smayer/Library/Contextual Menu Items/iGetterCMPlugIn.plugin> (not loaded)

I'm running on Mountain Lion 10.8

Thanks.

08-09-2012 04:27 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Thank you for your report. Some of the latest dev/canary builds of Chrome without any notice break again the iGetter plugin for unknown reason. If you can, use their stable build (21.0.1180.75) or some of builds up to 22.0.1204.0 (this is the last build we tested before releasing iGetter v2.9).

Both messages that you've copied from your Console app are unrelated to the problem. We are investigating the problem and will release a fix soon, hoping that Goolge will stop breaking our Netscape standard plugin used by all other browsers including Safari, Firefox, Opera, etc. without any problems.

If you can't use a stable version of Chrome, just turn off iGetter "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-09-2012 05:29 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Problem located! It starts from Chrome revision 149642. Here is a link to Google developers discussion about why they decided to break our plugin and most probably several others: https://chromiumcodereview.appspot.com/10823138

Interesting part is the following reply to the initial motivation post:

quote:
Mark Mentovai:
Now’s a good time to try dropping this, and this is a good way to do it.
If the feedback shows that it was premature to drop (and it likely won’t), it’ll be easy to turn back on, even on the branch.

So one of the ways, iGetter plugin to continue its work in revisions of Chrome after 149642, is to wrtite to Google developers. Of course we will release a new version of iGetter that complies to Google's whim. Note that our plugin is not made specifically for Chrome, all Mac browsers use it.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-09-2012 06:24 PM

Posted by:
Steve Mayer

Find more posts by Steve Mayer

Thanks for the update. I figured it was something that Google changed...

Steve

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply