< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-10-2012 08:10 PM

Posted by:
Mike

Find more posts by Mike

Hi,

I'm on Chrome 21.0.1180.75 and just upgraded to iGetter 2.9 in the hope that contextual menus would work again - no dice, though. The extension is shown as installed, but neither right clicking on supported URLs nor just right clicking for the "Download All" command works. There's just no trace of iGetter in the contexual menu. I'm only using "Add contextual menu support for Internet browsers", not "Integrate with Internet Browsers (Watch for URL clicks)".

See ya,
Mike

08-11-2012 07:19 AM

Posted by:
Stan-O

Find more posts by Stan-O

Chrome 21

Would be nice to hear if you guys plan on having iGetter extension added to the Chrome Store asn the Chrome 21 doesn't allow installation of the side-loaded crx files.

08-11-2012 11:06 AM

Posted by:
Mike

Find more posts by Mike

Well, around here, extension 2.9 gets installed after updating to iGetter 2.9. But again, it doesn't seem to do anything / doesn't show the contextual menu.

Side-loading doesn't work anymore, that's true. Wouldn't be bad to have the extension in the Chrome store. Dunno if that would help w/ my problem? Again, I think extension 2.9 installs just fine. (If it would now work, that would be good...)

08-11-2012 03:28 PM

Posted by:
Stan-O

Mike, when you say that 2.9 extension "gets installed" -- do you have it listed in the Extensions page in settings? Do you see the iGetter context menus?

08-12-2012 04:19 PM

Posted by:
Mike

Find more posts by Mike

Yes, it's shown as installed in the Extensions screen (as I wrote already) and no, the contextual menu isn't shown. That's why I started this thread :)

08-13-2012 12:05 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

@Mike
We just tried iGetter v2.9 with Chrome 21.0.1180.75, with only iGetter's "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option turned on (at iGetter preferences, Integration panel), and contextual menu worked fine.

You can try this:
1. Quit Chrome.
2. In iGetter v2.9, turn OFF "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option, at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.
3. Start Chrome and type "about:extensions" (without quotes), you should not see iGetter extesnion listed there. Then type "about:plugins", you should not see iGetterScriptablePlugin.
4. Quit Chrome.
5. In iGetter v2.9, turn ON "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option.
6. Start Chrome and type "about:extensions", you should see iGetter v2.9 extension (make sure it's not any other version) listed there. Then type "about:plugins", you should see iGetterScriptablePlugin v2.9.

If you've ever installed iGetter extension manually you can update it manually, but you need to download CRX file on your HD, then open Chrome's Extensions page and drag and drop CRX file there. We updated instructions on the iGetter FAQ page:http://www.igetter.net/faq.html#q1-7

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-13-2012 07:26 PM

Posted by:
Mike

Find more posts by Mike

Ha, I know now what's been going on: I didn't know there's a plug-in besides the extension. That one wasn't enabled. So all is fine now.

08-22-2012 02:46 AM

Posted by:
Stan-O

Followed your instructions to the letter (had to delete the Plug-in manually and restart Chrome because it stayed in the Internet Plug-ins folder and was visible in about:plugins page on step 3) and still no context menus. It is listed under extensions tho.

08-22-2012 03:48 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

@Stan-O
iGetter CM commands will appear only if iGetterScriptablePlugin v2.9 is listed and enabled in "about:plugins" page and iGetter v2.9 extension is listed and enabled in "about:extensions" page. From your explanation it seems that iGetter can't delete its plugin (it's either put in the main "Internet Plug-Ins" folder manually or iGetter doesn't have sufficient rights for user "Internet Plug-Ins" folder). Check your Console app for a message about the problem. Chrome writes such message when there is a problem with user rights.

Did you try to install manually the iGetter extension as explained here: http://www.igetter.net/faq.html#q1-7?

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply