Path Finder integration?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-17-2012 01:42 PM

Posted by:
brian163

Find more posts by brian163

I've recently found iGetter as an alternative to another Mac download manager/accelerator. What immediately caught my attention is that iGetter was updated for 10.8 which of course shows good active support for the product.

However, as a user of CocoaTech's Path Finder I'm a little bummed that iGetter doesn't recognize that Path Finder is set to be the default Finder on my system. For example, context menu options like "Reveal in Finder" or "Delete File" don't work like it does it my "other" download manager (that has a check box setting for "Enable Path Finder Support").

I searched this forum to see if anyone has requested Path Finder support before but didn't find anything.

Might Presenta consider this in a future release? It's my understanding that CocoaTech welcomes inquiries from other developers in regards to integration questions. (http://www.cocoatech.com/pathfinder/)

08-17-2012 05:59 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
This is really the first request to add support for CocoaTech's Path Finder, so we added a note in the iGetter Wish List. iGetter uses Finder to reveal and delete files which means that it needs the Finder running (if Path Finder has a "Quit Finder" option you need to turn it off).

We haven't used Path Finder yet, but we found in their "Knowledge Base" that if you turn on "Set Path Finder as the default file viewer" it will add a special key to every application's preferences file requesting that the application recognize Path Finder as its file browser. This is not very clear for us, so we have to test it.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-19-2012 07:46 PM

Posted by:
brian163

Thank you for the prompt response and your willingness to look into this. :-)

09-19-2012 10:13 PM

Posted by:
brian163

Any updates in this regard?

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply