Getting rid of "back" button in Safari
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-07-2012 05:44 PM

Posted by:
Dave Kosiur

Find more posts by Dave Kosiur

When using Safari 5.1.7 on my Mac, how do I get rid of the message to 'click the "Back" button to return to the original page'? Somehow, in past versions of iGetter (I'm now using 2.9), the message never appeared, or I was able to turn it off using a Preference option.

09-10-2012 01:08 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

In v2.9 iGetter plugin shows a page that a download is transfered to iGetter and stops on that page while you click on the "Back" button (or use Backspace keyboard button). In earlier iGetter versions, plugin automatically went back on the previous page (where download has been initiated). However, due to loopback problems with several sites (i.e. devontechnologies.com) we added that functionality. This prevents downloading the same download multiple times.

You can turn off "Integrate with Internet browsers" option (at iGetter preferences, Integration panel) and use other methods to add downloads to iGetter. You can also try Firefox which now shows "iGetter" as an option on the Firefox save dialog (make sure that "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option is on at iGetter preferences, Integration panel).

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply