"the last modified dates of the local and remote files are different"
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-10-2012 07:28 PM

Posted by:
lbkmo

Find more posts by lbkmo

Hi, I've been experiencing problems with downloading .dmgs on iGetter. These are files that are >1GB. The error message I get is "the last modified dates of the local and remote files are different", does anyone know what this means?

After this happens I can't continue the download and it especially happens on a certain file that is 5GB and whatever I do it stops at exactly 843,09 GB every time I try downloading it.

09-11-2012 07:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The reported error means exactly what it says, server has returned a different date and time for that download (in other words file date has been modified on the server). However, some servers return different date and time at each connection, so you may just uncheck "Prevent resuming if file date is modified" option at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel and this error will not appear any longer. But if the file is really modified, you may get a corrupted download (unlikely since the file size should be the same), so if server provides checksums (MD5 or SHA1) verify those in iGetter History, Info panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-05-2014 11:59 PM

Posted by:
Jeffrey

Find more posts by Jeffrey

Just wanted to say THANKS

I know this thread is 2 years old but you just helped me immensely with the "date modified" issue

I owe you a 6 pack and some smokes

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply