< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-27-2012 01:54 AM

Posted by:
Eduardo Sánchez

Find more posts by Eduardo Sánchez

Hi there!

I've been an iGetter user for a long time now, and just recently (a few days) iGetter's been unable to catch Chrome's links. As soon as a download tries to begin, the message "Could not load iGetter plugin" appears and I have to manually copy and paste the link on iGetter.

I have Chrome Version 22.0.1229.79

Hope this can get fixed soon!

Thanks,

- Eduardo

09-27-2012 06:30 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Thank you for your report.

The last build of Chrome that we tested before releasing iGetter v2.9 was 22.0.1204.0, which worked fine.

However, we then found that Chrome developers intentionally with the last revisions of v22 (rev. 149642) have broken our plugin:https://chromiumcodereview.appspot.com/10823138

Problem starts since Chrome v22.0.1226.0. The only exception Chrome developers decided to make is for their own test plugin which they don't have time to rewrite. So one of the ways is to write to Google developers to fix their browser. Of course we will release a new version of iGetter that complies to Google's whim. Note that our plugin is not made specifically for Chrome, all Mac browsers use it.

Currently, you can either downgrade Chrome or turn OFF both "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" and "Integrate with Internet browsers" options, at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

09-27-2012 05:21 PM

Posted by:
Sascha

Find more posts by Sascha

Coud not load plugin (Chrome)

I have the same issue here.

Your answer isn't such helpful.

>Currently, you can either downgrade Chrome or turn OFF both "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" and "Integrate with Internet browsers" options, at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.<

Most updates are security related, so a downgrade isn't an option.
And disable the integration, reduce the benefit of igetter to zero for me.

So I still hope you can fix it in the near future.

/Sascha

10-01-2012 01:05 PM

Posted by:
Justin

Find more posts by Justin

A link to download the previous version of Chrome that works would be helpful.

10-01-2012 03:48 PM

Posted by:
Sascha

Not really, Chrome makes a self-update and then your are in the same s...

It seems, the only option you have with Chrome is having a newer version like beta or dev builds.
But this will not fix our problem.

10-01-2012 04:05 PM

Posted by:
Tudor

Find more posts by Tudor

Please give me Chrome back

It must be frustrating reengineering to Chrome's whim, I get that. But I'd like to cast my vote in favor. Long time customer of iGetter! Thank you. :)

10-01-2012 04:32 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Here is a link to Chrome v21:
http://mac.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php?old_chrome=1260?download

And here is how you can disable Chrome auto-update:
http://support.google.com/installer/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=go&answer=147176

An alternative is to use Chromium v22.0.1204.0 which you may use side by side with Chrome:
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/Mac/146291/chrome-mac.zip

10-02-2012 08:08 PM

Posted by:
Sascha

defaults write com.google.Keystone.Agent checkInterval 0
didn't disable autoupdate for me.

But little snitch could help out.

10-03-2012 05:37 AM

Posted by:
winkler

Find more posts by winkler

Chromium is NOT an option for me as I use 1Password...

10-04-2012 05:50 AM

Posted by:
Remi

Find more posts by Remi

Sorry I don't want to downgrade Chrome,
why can't you update your software ?
this is really unprofessional guys.

10-04-2012 07:49 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Remi,
Who told you that we will not update iGetter plugin AGAIN for v22 of Chrome? Please, read carefully what is written above.

BTW, in this case Chrome developers just want to clean their code. These two simple lines of code along with part of their comment in Chrome rev. 149642, cause the problem with our and other plugins except for their own:

quote:
//...allow the test plugin to continue, but kill any other plugin that tries to use Carbon
if (plugin_info.name != ASCIIToUTF16("Chromium NPAPI Test Plugin"))
return false;

10-04-2012 04:36 PM

Posted by:
Greg

Find more posts by Greg

Would a possible solution be to get the iGetter plugin in Chrome's web store, so it's allowed to be installed with a couple clicks? This issue is now happening with the current stable build, not beta or dev. I got updated and now cannot use iGetter with chrome. If this is being done, is there an ETA?

10-04-2012 06:17 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

iGetter browser plugin (unlike iGetter Chrome extension which adds contextual menu commands) is not a Chrome extension and it's not created specifically for Chrome, so we can't post it on the Chrome's store. It's a standard plugin that ALL other Mac browsers use without any problem (i.e. Safari, Firefox, Opera, Camino, iCab, etc.). In that specific case it's Chrome that loads our plugin (located in a common Internet Plugins folder) and crashes intentionally due to two new lines in their code (see above).

Also, we're preparing a new iGetter version for release, but the exact date is still not fixed.

10-05-2012 11:27 AM

Posted by:
mollask

Find more posts by mollask

Thanks!

Thanks iGetter for posting this. Unfortunately, I just use FF to download. I will await you fixing what Google hath broken.

10-06-2012 07:34 AM

Posted by:
Drew

Find more posts by Drew

Hi iGetter Support,

I appreciate the challenge provided by chromium dev breaking NPAPI compatibility, but this change went in two months ago. It's frustrating for paid users of iGetter to have to temporarily switch to another browser - it would be much appreciated if a hot fix (no matter how hacky) could be posted as soon as possible.

In future, would it not be possible to check compatibility with chromium trunk every month or so?

Thanks,

Drew

10-06-2012 11:00 PM

Posted by:
neo

Find more posts by neo

Hi iGetter Support,

After trying out many download managers for Mac -- I tried igetter and found it excellent. But only weeks later, this problem fo chrome integration -- is a pain. Chrome is one the fastest and major browsers for Mac. Please sort it out in your next update.

Thanks.

10-08-2012 01:25 AM

Posted by:
jeffuli

Find more posts by jeffuli

There should be no discussion here at all!

Just fix it and release the update!

Like all other software companies do!

Thanks.

10-12-2012 10:36 AM

Posted by:
Andy

Find more posts by Andy

Hi, please fix this issue, it's quite frustrating that as a paid user this seemingly simple thing is not yet resolved after so much time. Perhaps if you're having specific difficulties you should elaborate so that your other paid users like me don't get more and more frustrated. Thanks.

10-24-2012 09:54 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

iGetter v2.9.1 (http://www.igetter.net/downloads.html) includes a fixed iGetter Plugin for Chrome v22.0.1226.0 and up. In addition iGetter extension (which adds CM commands) was improved to support "Content-Disposition" downloads which by now Chrome handled only by itself.

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-26-2012 06:59 PM

Posted by:
Sascha

Thanks a lot. It is now working.

03-30-2013 03:54 AM

Posted by:
Roger

Find more posts by Roger

It's not working here.. any help would be appreciated .

04-02-2013 06:56 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Roger,
In order to integrate iGetter with Chrome, first you need to quit Chrome. Then, turn on both "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" and "Integrate with Internet browsers" options at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.

If the problem persists, check if iGetter extension is listed and enabled in Chrome Extensions panel (just type "about:extensions" without quotes in Chrome). In addition, iGetter Plugin and iGetterScriptablePlugin must be listed/enabled in "about:plugins" page. Here are some screenshots:

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply