< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-15-2012 12:34 PM

Posted by:
athard

Find more posts by athard

Hi,

I have a premium account at rapidgator.net. When i select a download url and add to Igetter, all it downloads is a 24 kb html file. How can I get it to download the main rar file? I've looked everywhere for help but can't find any.

Thanks.

10-15-2012 06:41 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We don't have a premium rapidgator.net account, but you can try the following which applies to any site that you have troubles to download from:

1. Using your default browser login to rapidgator.net and make sure that "Remember me" checkbox is on. Don't log out from that site (you may just quit the browser). You can set your default browser at Safari preferences, General Panel -> "Default Web browser".
2. If your rapidgator premium area has an Options panel turn on the direct downloads option (i.e rapidshare.com has such option).
3. Add links through some of the iGetter contextual menu commands available in your browser (i.e. "Download (selection) with iGetter").
4. Try Firefox and then just click on a rapidgator link. When the Firefox save dialog appears choose iGetter to download the file with iGetter ("Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option at iGetter preferences, Integration panel, must be on).
5. If iGetter still can't download from rapidgator verify that these options are ON: "Save redirected URLs" (at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel) and "Send cookies from browser" (Integration panel).
6. Enter the following sites with your user info at iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel (notice the point before rapidgator.net):

http://.rapidgator.net/
https://.rapidgator.net/

Changed options in iGetter will take effect only with the new downloads.

If iGetter downloads only a small file (i.e. < 1MB), most probably it's an html page that shows some error returned from the server (authentication error, busy server, removed file, etc). To see that error, select some of the downloaded files in the iGetter History list. Double click on one of them to locate the physical file (or use the "Reveal in Finder" contextual menu command). Next open it in your browser and see if there is some useful info about the problem.

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-01-2015 12:15 PM

Posted by:
John

Find more posts by John

os x El Capitan, Safari 9

Following steps 1 through 4 that you described

iGetter only downloads if I use the contextual menu in the browser.

But if I copy the same link from a text file, and use iGetter > New, set the cookie to either safari or getter. Both case will fail.

It will download the 23kb .html file instead.

Why is that? The same link in the browser will work but not that from the text file?

Can you please help? I usually browse a site and copy the rapidgator links to a text file and decide which to download later.

PS: When copied from the browser using contextual menu, if I set the cookie to safari. Again it will download the 23kb html file.

10-03-2015 12:00 AM

Posted by:
mw200

Find more posts by mw200

Igetter does not work for Safari 9 on EI Captian, it can't read Safari cookie which is required by downloading from many file sharing web sites.

Hope there is a fix for it.

11-19-2015 06:07 AM

Posted by:
Andrew

Find more posts by Andrew

They should have fixed this by now? BUMP -HELLO ANYONE OUT THERE!?

11-20-2015 06:24 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

See:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1600

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply