Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter Classic
Igetter has crashed
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-01-2002 05:30 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by Ajax

I can't even open the app any more. When I click to open it it shows the opening box and quits with the statement
The application "igetter" has unexpectadly quit, because an error type 2 has occured.

I had over 100 things I was planning to download over the next week i hads max auto sownloads to 99 is that why you can't have more than 99 downloads in the que they weren't even going. I tried to d/l a new igetter and the samething happened.

I want my igetter back
Please help

01-01-2002 07:58 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by Ajax

I fixed it sort of

I deleted everything having to do with igetter and downloaded a new one off the site.

You still should look into what happened I'll be of any help you desire

01-03-2002 06:19 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Ajax,
When for some reason iGetter has unexpectedly quit it is possible the iGetter preferences file to be damaged. In this case you can delete the iGetter preferences folder located in the System Folder->Preferences. Then you must set all preferences of iGetter back and insert the lost downloads with double clicking on every partially downloaded with iGetter file (or using function 'Recover lost downloads' from Tools menu).
It is good on weekly period to make a backup copy of the iGetter preferences folder. Also you can set on the 'On quit clear queue of finished' option in the General panel preferences to clear iGetter's queue of all completed download files.

iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply