Problem with Uploaded.net
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-11-2012 02:35 AM

Posted by:
Scotty

Find more posts by Scotty

I have successfully downloaded a fair bit through igetter/uploaed.net but I keep getting the following error on random files just before they finish:

Network error: This download is resumable, but in the current connection the server asserts that it cannot be resumed.

I have used igetter for years with Rapidshare and have only just moved to uploaded.net.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

12-11-2012 01:44 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The reported error means that server applies some restriction most probably over the number of connections. If that happens somewhere at the end of downloads, set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 50 000 KB. This way iGetter will not try to make new connections at least 50MB from end of the file.

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-11-2012 04:48 PM

Posted by:
Scotty

Find more posts by Scotty

Thanks for the reply!! =)

I have changed the settings, is there a way of resuming the download - it says Resume yes:436 under the info tab - but when I try it just says waiting and then eventually broken.

12-12-2012 02:07 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

It depends what causes the problem, but you may try to get a fresh URL from the same download page and replace the expired URL in iGetter through the "Item Setting" dialog (you need to pause the download first). Then try to resume the download.

Also, look if "Save redirected URLs" option is OFF at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-30-2013 11:29 AM

Posted by:
Wayne

Find more posts by Wayne

Uploader constantly stops

Hi, Love igetter, been using it for years, I have used rapidshare and Extabit all with out problems, but since connecting to Uploaded.net, I constantly get near the download, and it says "Waiting, connecting, waiting conecting.

That goes on and on, if I use the save file in firefox, it downloads just fine. But not as fast of course. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Wayne

02-06-2013 07:15 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

We don't have an ul.to account, but here is what you may try:

1. Set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 150 000 KB. This way iGetter will not try to make new connections at least 150MB from the end of the file.

2 Enter the following sites with your user info at iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel and limit the number of connections to 10 (notice the point before uploaded.net):

http://.uploaded.net/
http://.ul.to/

3. Using your default browser first login to the download site (in this case ul.to). Don't logout from that site or close your browser until the download finishes in iGetter.

4. In your browser use the iGetter contextual menu commands (i.e. "Download with iGetter") or click on a download link/button until iGetter intercepts it. In Firefox you can use FlashGot add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/). It provides useful contextual menu commands and supports iGetter.

5. Always download the file immediately and don't pause it.

02-09-2013 06:35 PM

Posted by:
Gibheid

Find more posts by Gibheid

Same here

In all respects, I have the the exact same problem.

02-10-2013 05:06 PM

Posted by:
Gibheid

I have had similar problems to others on this site, with broken links from Uploaded.net.

The Problem:

3-out-of-four downloads from Uploaded.net slow to a crawl within the last few bytes, and often/usually stop. "Waiting" then appears in the status bar. iGetter then attempts to reconnect until the maximum number of re-tries has been reached, then "Broken" appears, and the download is over.

What I've Tried:

I followed your advice and:
1. Set "Minimal segment size" value in the iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 200,000 KB.
2. In the Site Manager panel, used "Unlimited" for max connections, and entered http://.uploaded.net/ and
http://.ul.to/ to the server/path list.
3. I didn't logout from that site or close my browser until the download had finished in iGetter.
4. Used the FlashGot add-on in Firefox.
5. Downloaded the file immediately and didn't pause it.

It didn't work.

What DID work: Copying and pasting a new download link.

In Uploaded.net everything is encrypted and you get a coded link to the file you want. This download location seems to be impermanent and expires when your download stops. I went back to the link in my browser and regenerated a new connection by re-clicking the link on the download page (not the original Uploaded.net button). In iGetter I:

(a). Paused the new download.
(b). Double-clicked on the entry to get the "Item Settings" dialog box.
(c). Copied the new URL.
(d). Paused the old, "Waiting" iGetter entry and double-clicked it to get the "Items Settings" dialog box.
(e). Pasted-in the new URL.

This has worked for me the two times I have tried it. They are the only times a "Waiting" file has been successfully completed.

Speculation: I am not skilled in the techniques or vocabulary of downloading lore, so take what I am about to say with a pinch of salt, but I believe iGetter is not the problem here.

1. When you connect to an Uploaded.net link, a temporary alias is created (i.e. you are not given the permanent location of the file you are looking for), and that alias will expire after a certain amount of time.
2. If you stack your Uploaded.net downloads in iGetter (as I used to with Rapidshare, to let them run all night) they will time-out ("job ticket has expired") and you will have to reconnect.
3. The alias itself will expire once your download is complete. Some aliases are obviously expiring just before the completion of a download, so iGetter is sitting "Waiting" for something that no longer exists.

I hope this helps someone solve this problem, as it's effortful and inconvenient to work this way.

02-13-2013 10:31 AM

Posted by:
Gibheid

Addendum

Further to my above post, the copy-and-paste solution seems to work 100% of the time. I had several downloads that failed last night (including a 2.5Gb file that crapped out after 90-minutes, and with only 5Mb to go!). After establishing a new connection, and pasting the URL into the old "Items Settings" dialog box, my troublesome download was completed in seconds. Inconvenient, but effective.

I hope this helps.

02-22-2013 03:46 PM

Posted by:
2.zero

Find more posts by 2.zero

To the above user, you are probably getting an error in a few of your segments saying something along the lines of "the date of the file on the server and local file do not match". I had this issues with ul.to until I unchecked the "Prevent resuming if the file date is modified" option in the advanced panel of preferences.

I am still having an issue with iGetter getting the cookie stored in Chrome (OSX) to download the file. I have to instead manually select each file and tell it to grab the cookie from Safari instead which is a bit irritating.

04-24-2013 11:30 PM

Posted by:
zing

Find more posts by zing

gibheld's solution works like a charm

just a head's up that gibheld's solution works like a charm.

Renewing the download by cutting and pasting the newly generated URL into item settings works to resume downloads.

None of the other igetter staff recco's worked for me, or it appears for anyone else on the thread.

cheers gibheld - here's a virtual beer on me.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply