< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-24-2013 08:53 AM

Posted by:
shane

Find more posts by shane

Hi I need help,
My problem and from what I can see on the forum is a lot of people's problems is downloads dropping near the end over 90% completed. I've bought the full licence of this and it is still happening. I have tried the solutions in the other threads like dropping the default number of segments and increasing the minimal segment size and there is still no change. The size of files I download mainly are either 700mb or 350mb.
Help would be appreciated.

01-28-2013 01:59 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

To find what causes the problem in your case we need the exact error that appears in the Segments tab panel of a broken/waiting download. Also a public URL that could reproduce the problem.

In the meantime, you can try to copy the URL of a broken download in iGetter (pause it, and open Item Settings dialog by double clicking on the download) and then paste the URL in your browser to see if the browser will start that download or will return some error.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-09-2013 01:03 PM

Posted by:
gibheid

Find more posts by gibheid

I have the same problem. The file will get agonizingly close¬ósometimes within a few bytes, and stop. Speed drops to 00kb/s and 'Waiting' shows up in the status box, and eventually reads 'broken'.

02-09-2013 05:39 PM

Posted by:
Gibheid

Find more posts by Gibheid

More

In addition to the above: The problem is intermittent. Perhaps 1-in-4 downloads are successful. If I persist in downloading the same file, it will eventually succeed in maybe 4-attempts, but since many of my files are over 1GB this is inconvenient to say the least.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply