Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter Classic
Version 1.4 Better than 1.6/Resuming DLs from Newsgroups
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-02-2002 02:56 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by CJ

I was able to resume downloads from newsgroups read through a web browser back in v. 1.4 (I think) but have not been able to with the last two versions.

As far as I'm concerned 1.4 is *much* more usable than 1.5 or 1.6. The correct file names downloaded in 1.4 instead of "wwwcode" with numbers following for lists of files from newsgroups. Also, the correct number k/mbs was shown for the download in 1.4. Now the download file shows the full amount of the download before anything is even downloaded, so if a file is not complete there is no way to tell by looking at the size of the file . In the case of an mp3, I have to listen to the end of it to check to see if the download is complete.

Please go back to the features in 1.4; it was a much more usable piece of software in my opinion.

01-02-2002 09:29 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

iGetter 1.6 uses the same download engine presented in version 1.4 (segmented downloading), with some minor internal bug fixes and improvements.
Regarding segmented downloading, iGetter creates files with the entire size, because it needs to place the partial downloaded chunks on the right place in the file. You can see what exactly is downloaded by opening the Transfer details 'Chart' panel.

iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply