Problem links disappear too quickly
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-22-2013 06:21 PM

Posted by:
Folsom_User

Find more posts by Folsom_User

I've got some links I know are good, they just take a few repetitions to connect and download. Problem is, iGetter runs into the first hint of trouble and instantly deletes the link. I can't even manually restart the connection to try the link again. How do I set up iGetter so all links stay in the queue until manually deleted?

03-26-2013 10:12 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

If a download disappears from the iGetter Downloads list, then you may select the History List and look for the finished download there. In your case, the file which you download most probably is an html page that shows some error returned from the server (authentication error, busy server, etc). To see that error, select some of the downloaded files in the iGetter History list. Double click on one of them to locate the physical file (or use the "Reveal in Finder" contextual menu command). If the file has a small size (< 1MB) then rename it adding an ".html" extension. Next open it in your browser and see if there is some useful info about the problem.

You didn't mention the site from which you download, but here are some instructions that may help in your case:

1. In your browser, login to the site from which you download and if there is a "Remember me" option check it on. Don't logout or close the browser until you finish the download in iGetter.

2. Use the "Download with iGetter" contextual menu command or click on the link/button until it appears in iGetter.

3. Some sites require a premium account, so enter the site from which you download with your user info at iGetter preferences, Site Manger panel (notice the point before server.com):

http://.server.com/

03-22-2014 07:39 AM

Posted by:
Ryan

Find more posts by Ryan

I tried all the options that were mentioned and still it was only downloading a 8KB file. When i try downloading the same file from the browser its a 4GB file. . .

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply