Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Links stop downloading at about 99.99%
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-29-2013 01:34 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by John

I'm using Zevera links with iGetter for Mac. Everything was going great for a few weeks ... now suddenly about half of my links stop downloading with just a few kb left to download. I often see, for example, total filesize 862.24mb and the amount downloaded 862.19mb. Then it goes into waiting/connecting/waiting/connecting and never completes. I need to delete the link and the download and start over again.

Can you help?

04-02-2013 06:40 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The problem with some paid filesharing services is that they allow only a limited number of connections for a given time or per download. When you exceed that number they reject any further downloading.

What you may try:
1. Set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 100 000 KB. This way iGetter will not try to make new connections at least 100MB from end of the file.

2. Find the same download link on the site and copy it. Then find the broken download in iGetter (pause it, if it's running) and double click on it to open "Item Settings" dialog. Now replace the existing URL with the one copied from the site. Confirm and start the download in iGetter.

iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply