< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-08-2013 12:17 PM

Posted by:
Draycon

Find more posts by Draycon

Hi,
after I updated to iGetter 2.6.8 on Windows 7 there are no remaining times shown in the download list - and depending on that there is no actual speed. When I add an item there is a value shown for remaining time and speed for 1-2 seconds, but speed is around 3 bytes and remaining time some hundred hours before it gets blank (for a 100 mb file that downloads with 360kb/s). Is anyone else experiencing this?

Stefan

05-10-2013 05:38 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

When iGetter starts a download, first it creates the file with its full size. Depending on the file size (i.e. over 1 GB) it may take several seconds for Windows to allocate it on the HDD. How long it will take depends on system performance and HDD health (i.e. fragmentation, lack of free space, etc. For example, on a specific heavy fragmented system, I've experienced about 5-10 sec. delay when I throw a very small file to the trash.). After the file creation the actual downloading begins.

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-14-2013 05:09 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

Thanks for your reply. I made a screenshot of iGetter while the downloads are running so you can see how it looks like:

http://www.southwest-usa.net/2013-05-14 11_13_34-iGetter.png

There is simply no remaining time and hence no download speed.

05-15-2013 06:10 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
Thank you for provided screenshot. The problem seems to appear in the middle of downloading, so it has nothing to do with file creation process. But it may be related to HDD loading. You have started 8 downloads simultaneously, which means that your HDD is heavy loaded (HDD head writes to 8 different places simultaneously, especially if HDD cache is off or drive is external). Unless you have a SSD drive, iGetter will download faster if "Max simultaneous downloads" are 2-4.

The exact reason for the missing speed info is that currently there are no packets received. This may happen also, for example if network connection is temporarily unavailable. After 120 sec. a network error will appear in the Segments tab panel.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply