Download speed limit
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-27-2013 05:54 AM

Posted by:
Gerry

Find more posts by Gerry

My internet connection allows about 550 kb/s. When iGetter works unlimited, it consumes the whole bandwith (which is the expected behavior, I suppose).

But then, all other internet traffic is really slow, and web surfing becomes almost impossible. So I tried the speed limit to slow down iGetter "a bit". But this is not possible. If I shift the slider the tiniest possible bit to the left, the speed goes down to as far as 140kb/s.

Couldn't you implement the possibility to set the Speed limit directly as a number, e.g. 400 kb/s?

besides this, iGetter works just pefectly for me; thank you!

05-27-2013 08:29 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The scale of iGetter speed limit slider depends on the connection type selected at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel. Just choose a faster connection type. Also, you can adjust the speed limit value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-09-2014 01:59 PM

Posted by:
davidc

Find more posts by davidc

Same problem here. iGetter ignores what I send for the max download speed. Do I have to use the Tools menu and choose Obey Speed Limit as well?

06-10-2014 11:27 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

In order to limit the download speed, you need to turn on "Obey Speed Limit" option in the "Downloads" menu (Cmd+L) on Mac and Tools menu (Ctrl+L) on Windows. Then adjust the "Speed limit" slider that will appear at the bottom right-hand corner on Mac or over the average speed field on Windows.

If you want iGetter to start with applied speed limit then turn on "At startup turn on speed limit" at iGetter options, Acceleration panel.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply