< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-30-2013 12:08 PM

Posted by:
andrew

Find more posts by andrew

Hi

i've downloaded igetter before and i deleted the file. i've decided i want to reinstall the program. however, every time i download the software this error message shows up.

iGetter application not found

1. If you have installed a new version of iGetter, delete the old versions of the application, run the new version and if the error persists restart the machine.

2. If you want to uninstall the application use the iGetter uninstaller or manually delete the following files:
<Home folder>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/iGetter Plugin
<Home folder>/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle
<Home folder>/Library/Contextual Menu Items/iGetterCMPlugIn

i've restarted my computer already and the error has still persisted.

05-31-2013 07:34 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Since you want to reinstall iGetter, the easiest way to get around this problem is to install and run the new version. To download iGetter use the Safari's "Download Linked File" contextual menu command on the following link:
http://www.igetter.net/search/downloads/iGetter2.9.1.dmg

If you want only to remove the old version of iGetter, first you need to quit all opened browsers (i.e. Safari, Firefox, etc.). (If you restart your machine turn off "Reopen windows when logging back in" option on the restart alert). Then write "iGetter" in the search box of any Finder window (include "System Files" in the search options on Leopard and up) and delete whatever you find OR you can manually delete the following files:

/Users/<your user>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/iGetter Plugin
/Users/<your user>/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle
/Users/<your user>/Library/Contextual Menu Items/iGetterCMPlugIn
/Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/iGetter
/Users/<your user>/Library/Application Support/iGetter

Since user library is hidden on Lion/ML, to open that folder you can use your Terminal app (/Applications Utilities folder). Start Terminal and paste the following line (then press Return):

open ~/Library

Or you can follow instructions here:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90947.html

If you want to empty the trash immediately you have to restart your machine with the "Reopen windows when logging back in" option turned OFF (if you use OS X 10.8).

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply