Prevent iGetter from opening in response to (.torrent) files
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-23-2013 02:26 PM

Posted by:
TallTellTale

Find more posts by TallTellTale

When I download a .torrent iGetter automatically tries to open it (and prevents other download clients from receiving it).

How can I tell iGetter to ignore the files?

08-26-2013 07:58 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

.torrent files are text files, so you need to exclude all text extensions at iGetter preferences, Integration panel. By default included extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg"

11-04-2014 07:26 PM

Posted by:
Daniel Aleshinloye

Find more posts by Daniel Aleshinloye

Why are they linked together?

I'm a fan of igetter. I used the program and I'm happy to donate but there are somethings that don't make sense. Why would torrent be lumped in with zip files and dmg package files? The are the dominant packaging systems and now they would be ignored. Why not just make an file type blacklist that ignores certain file types?

11-05-2014 11:03 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Did you exclude all text extensions from iGetter preferences, Integration panel and leave only the default ones "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg"? If you did so and iGetter still intercepts ".torrent" files, then contact site owner to fix the MIME type of ".torrent" extension in their web server configuration. It should be "application/x-bittorrent".

If the problem persists, quit your browser and turn off iGetter "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function. Then you can use Firefox with FlashGot add-on which supports iGetter (see http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1551).

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply