Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-20-2013 08:54 PM

Posted by:
Mark Friedman

Find more posts by Mark Friedman

I don't know how to turn this off:

Download transferred to iGetter...

Click 'Back' button to keep browsing.

The handshake between Safari and iGetter doesn't require verification after the fact; it shouldn't be necessary to go Back because I never wanted to leave the page.

Is this behavior something I can control or can you offer an option to bypass it?

Thank you

11-25-2013 12:54 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

iGetter integrates with Safari and other browsers through a browser plugin which has limitations implied by browsers, so there is a separate page indicating that you've clicked on a download that is transferred to iGetter. If you want to see (verify) what download is transferred to iGetter, you can turn on "Open save dialog on new download" option at iGetter preferences, General panel.

There are several options that control iGetter integration with browsers. These are "Integrate with Internet browsers" and "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" options at iGetter preferences, Integration panel. The first option will install a browser plug-in that automatically intercept downloads and send them to iGetter. It will do this only for files with extensions listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel. (By default these extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip,gz, tgz, dmg"). Text and movie files are excluded by default.

Note that turning off iGetter integration requires first to quit all opened browsers (i.e. Safari, Firefox, etc.).

If you don't want to integrate iGetter with browsers, but you want occasionally to download some files with iGetter, we recommend you to use Firefox with the FlashGot add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/). FlashGot will add an option to download the files with iGetter on the Firefox "Save As" dialog:

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply