Default Cookies?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-23-2013 07:12 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

Find more posts by JohnnyMack

How do I get Igetter to default get cookies from firefox instead of igetter cookies(whatever that is)?

I want to do be able to do this for batch files as well as set it so that I never really have to change the setting and it will automatically be this way for new files.

11-25-2013 01:14 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

"iGetter" cookie option is selected when you use some of the iGetter functions available in browsers i.e. "Download (all) with iGetter". This is the browser cookie sent to iGetter along with the download. On the other hand browser cookie option will be selected when all of the following criteria are met:
1. When you use some manual method to add a download to iGetter i.e. drag and drop, copy and paste, etc.
2. You must set Firefox as default browser at Safari preferences, General Panel -> "Default Web browser".
3. There must exist a permanent (non-session) Firefox cookie which iGetter can extract. Such cookies are set when you use the "Remember me" Login option of most download sites.

Regards,
iGetter Support

03-08-2015 12:39 AM

Posted by:
Kirby Krieger

Find more posts by Kirby Krieger

Can iGetter auto-use Safari cookie?

I'm using Safari 8.0.3 on OS 10.2.2.

One site only works when I change the default cookie (at "Item Settings > Advanced > Cookie") from "iGetter" to "Safari".

Is there any way to make the "Safari" Cookie setting the default for this site?
Is there any way to batch change the Cookie setting for iGetter jobs already queued?

Thanks.

03-09-2015 05:15 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The reported problem may appear, if for example you have added some downloads to iGetter for later downloading and your login session has expired. By changing the cookie option from "iGetter" to "Safari" in "Item Settings" dialog, you just tell iGetter to use currently stored in Safari cookie, instead of the session cookie that was available in some previous moment. "Safari" cookie option will be selected if you add downloads by drag&drop (drag&drop links on iGetter Dock icon or window) or copy&paste (copy some link and paste it in iGetter Cmd+V) methods. Currently, you can't batch change cookie option.

If the problem appears immediately after download insertion, please contact us at http://www.igetter.net/contactus.html with a site URL for testing.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

05-13-2015 11:03 AM

Posted by:
KW

Find more posts by KW

I am having the same problem, iGetter cookie is not accepted by ul.to so my ul.to premium account couldn't be used.

When I select links from web page and choose

05-13-2015 11:04 AM

Posted by:
KW

Find more posts by KW

I am having the same problem, iGetter cookie is not accepted by ul.to so my ul.to premium account couldn't be used.

When I select links from web page and choose 'Download selection with iGetter' from contextual menu, from the Settings of each link, under Advanced, Cookie is set to 'iGetter'. Even 'Sent Cookie from Browser' is checked in iGetter preference.

If I select and copy links from web page, and paste to iGetter, then Cookie of each link is set to 'Safari'.

Looks like Contextual menu actions do not follow iGetter preference, while copy-and-paste and drag-and-drop do.

This brought issues recently, some hosting sites like ul.to (uploaded.net) started blocking non-standard cookies, 'Download selection with iGetter' does not work with ul.to any more even I have premium account on ul.to. While copy and paste links still works because this action sends correct Cookie.

I uninstalled and reinstalled iGetter, reinstalled Safari plugin and Contextual menu, still couldn

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply