Why is my download speed so slow?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-01-2013 02:07 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

Find more posts by JohnnyMack

Are there any tips for increasing download speeds. I noticed that when running multiple downloads or even one download my speeds are moving too slow.

12-01-2013 04:02 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

Now it won't even connect to the server..

12-01-2013 05:34 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

I keep getting Network error:268435556 and Network error: Failed to get the segment at the segment window at the bottom of the window.

The weird thing is I downloaded a lot from this site before wit huge queue of file and now that I have another queue of files it won't work.

12-02-2013 12:27 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The network error 268435556 means: "Operation timed out. Server not responding!". This means that server from which you download is not responding. Also, this error may occur if you have set to 0 the "Timeout connection attempts after '#' sec." option at the iGetter preferences, Connections panel. This option determines how long iGetter will wait for a response (by default it is 60 sec.).

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-02-2013 01:59 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

But more often than not I get the other error than that one.

12-03-2013 06:59 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

All symptoms point to an overloaded download sever. You can't do much about this except to decrease the number of connections by setting the "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 100 000 KB.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply