continuous waiting/connecting
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-21-2014 09:32 AM

Posted by:
Speedy

Find more posts by Speedy

Hi! Been using igetter for a long time, with no issues. Today, all of a sudden, two downloads say connecting, all the others say waiting. I know the links are good, cuz I copied one from igetter, and pasted it into a browser, and it went to it. If it found a bad link, it used to say connecting for a second, then switch and say broken. Now, it just hangs on waiting or connecting. I recently reinstalled osx on my mac, but have used igetter since then with no issues. I have changed no settings.
HELP!!

01-21-2014 01:22 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

This thread may be helpful:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1267

01-21-2014 02:15 PM

Posted by:
Speedy

Change in status

Hi! Thanks!!! OK, well I decided to uninstall and reinstall, and now it downloads, albeit really slow(I'll try to figure that one out later), but now, instead of saying "Broken" on broken links, it just downloads like it's there, but it's an empty file. It keeps the same name as it had before, and moves the download to the "history"
folder, but the file is empty. Before, it would say "broken", and leave the download in the "downloads" folder. I have the "change file name on redirect" option enabled.

Thanks again!!!

01-21-2014 02:20 PM

Posted by:
Speedy

Incorrect wording

Sorry, the option is actually called "automatically rename files on redirect", but I do have that enabled.

01-22-2014 06:52 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

You haven't mentioned the site from which you download, so we can't test it. Most probably site requires login authentication or link which you download points to a web page where the real download link appears.

Here is what you may try:

1. Enter the site with your user info at iGetter preferences, Site Manger panel (notice the point before server.com):

http://.server.com/

2. Set "Minimal segment size" value to 50 000 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel.

3. Set your default browser at Safari preferences, General Panel -> "Default Web browser" (i.e. Firefox).

4. Login to the site in your default browser and check on the "Remember me" option if there is one. Don't logout from that site.

5. Finally click on a download link until iGetter intercepts it or use the "Download with iGetter" contextual menu command. Along with the download URL these two methods will send to iGetter a cookie which download site may require for authentication.

If step 5 works, if you wish you can try to copy and paste a link directly to iGetter. But make sure that the proper cookie option is selected at "Item Settings" dialog, Advanced panel. By default it should be your default browser (i.e. Firefox).

If downloaded file is very small (less than 1 MB), you can add ".html" at the end of the file name and then open it in your browser. You will see what error appears there (unavailable file, login error, etc).

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply