No context menu in Chrome on Mac
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-22-2014 04:31 PM

Posted by:
Kerry Emerson

Find more posts by Kerry Emerson

For some reason iGetter has stopped working on Mac in Chrome.
Neither iGetter v2.9.1 nor iGetter v2.9.2 seem to work. The version of Google Chrome I'm using is 32.0.1700.77

The iGetter extension is present in Chrome, and enabled, but still no joy.

Kind Regards,
Kerry Emerson

01-22-2014 06:09 PM

Posted by:
alien

Find more posts by alien

I am also have the same problems, i hope you guys can fix this problems

01-23-2014 01:22 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Here is the exact procedure for iGetter integration with Chrome to work:
1. Quit all opened browsers including Chrome. (If you restart your machine turn off "Reopen windows when logging back in" option on the restart alert).
2. In iGetter, turn on both "Integrate with Internet browsers" and "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" options at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.
3. Start Chrome.
4. Type "chrome://extensions" (without quotes) in the Chrome's address bar and enable iGetter Extension.
5. Type "chrome://plugins" (without quotes) in the Chrome's address bar and check "Always allowed" options for the two iGetter Plugins .
6. Quit Chrome and start it again.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-24-2014 12:09 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Here are the same instructions with some screenshots. This is iGetter v2.9.2 integration with Chrome v32 (also tested with Chromium v34):

1. Quit all opened browsers including Chrome. (If you restart your machine turn off "Reopen windows when logging back in" option on the restart alert).
2. In iGetter, turn on both "Integrate with Internet browsers" and "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" options at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.
3. Type "chrome://extensions" (without quotes) in the Chrome's address bar and enable iGetter Extension:

4. Type "chrome://plugins" (without quotes) in the Chrome's address bar and check "Always allowed" options for the two iGetter Plugins:

5. Quit Chrome and start it again:

iGetter CM commands should appear in Chrome:

If CM commands still don't appear, make sure that that Chrome's "Plugins" option is set to "Run automatically (recommended)" and "Unsandboxed plug-in access" is set to: "Ask me when a site wants to use a plug-in to access my computer (recommended)". To do so,
type the following in the Chrome address bar:

chrome://settings/content

01-04-2015 07:47 AM

Posted by:
Evan

Find more posts by Evan

Thanks for the tutorial. The Contextual Menu feature works for me, however I still can't get the 'Automatically start downloading files of types' to work.

For example, the following link opens the audio file in a new tab within the browser, instead of automatically downloading. I have enabled MP3 as a filetype to be automatically downloaded:

http://www.largesound.com/ashborytour/sound/brobob.mp3

Any idea what else I can configure?

01-05-2015 11:38 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Make sure that you've enabled "iGetter Plugin" in Chrome as shown on second picture above. You can select "Details" top right link and see if "audio/mpeg -> .mp3" is listed for iGetter plugin only.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-19-2015 10:02 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

Hi, I am having similar problems with iGetter and Chrome. This has been working fine in the past but recently stopped working. When this was working I could either move the URL to iGetter via rightclick or copy and paste the URL into iGetter. Doesnt work any more. iGetter 293 plug in is enabled in Chrome, as well as Scriptable iGetter plugin.

Now I cannot even copy the url and paste it manually in iGetter (not reading cookie?) - I have to start the download, cancel it then copy the download URL (not the same as the original eg from Uploaded.net) and paste that in iGetter. Of course if the download is interrupted it will not resume.

** NOTE I do not want it to route ALL downloads to iGetter, I just want the 'rightclick' Download with iGetter or Download Selected with iGetter **

Any idea what the cause of this could be and how fix. Thanks

01-19-2015 10:09 AM

Posted by:
Mike

Find more posts by Mike

Just read the post "Igetter Download All Option No Longer Works" - and it seems I have the same problem. I tried it with iGetter not running and voila it works perfectly as it used to! If iGetter is running when I use the rightclick Download with... it will not work. Quit iGetter and everything works, even reading Uploaded.net cookie properly

01-20-2015 04:03 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

@anonymous that posted on 01-19-2015 10:02 AM,
Would you please explain what exactly doesn't work. Contextual menu commands doesn't appear or commands doesn't start iGetter, or links appear in iGetter, but you can't download them, or something else.

If you want only iGetter contextual menu commands and not click catcher, then turn off "Integrate with Internet browsers" option. Only "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" option should be on, at iGetter preferences, Integration panel.

Recent versions of Chrome encrypt browser cookies, so iGetter currently can't read Chrome cookies outside of its integration functions. In other words, only "Download (selection/all) with iGetter" and click catcher can read cookies.

For a complete control and a working copy&paste method with cookies, you can try Firefox. You can even disable iGetter plugin in Firefox and then Firefox "Save As" dialog will ask you if you want to download with iGetter or save it with the browser.

@Mike,
Most probably you have more than one copies of iGetter installed, so OS X can't find the proper version. To solve the problem, remove all redundant copies and leave only the latest version in your Applications folder.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply