Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Quick way to download all PDF files on page?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-11-2014 02:00 PM

Posted by:
johan

Find more posts by johan

Hi,
I'm a PhD and want to quickly download all PDF files on the given webpage. I currently do this with DownThemAll in Firefox but would like to switch to Safari and found iGetter.
However, if I'm not mistaken, a lot of clicks are required:
- Right-click > Download All with iGetter (fine so far)
- On the popup I have to click Options
- Then click on the None drop down menu, click custom, press Tab or click in the Extensions field, and write PDF, and click enter.

Why SO many clicks? And how can I save these settings? Especially in the options menu, why can't it just use the last used settings?

Thanks for a great app. I'd love to pay for it if it wasn't for all the clicks (but maybe there is a shortcut that I haven't found out about?)

- Johan

05-22-2014 12:25 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
On the Options panel of Process Web Page dialog, when you choose the Custom filter there is an option named "Add these extensions to filters as <some name>". You can use it to add a new filter i.e. for PDF files. You can also add, modify and delete Extensions filters at Downloads group, Extensions subgroup, using contextual menu commands.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply