Not sure how Site Explorer is supposed to work
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-11-2014 06:08 PM

Posted by:
RonB

Find more posts by RonB

I just downloaded iGetter and I'm trying to figure out if it fits for what I'm looking for. The Site Explorer feature seems like it either is not working or works differently than I'm expecting. I can get a webpage to show up in Site Explorer, but none of the links appear to do anything. If I put in this web address (as an example):

https://archive.org/details/ThePDThreeStooges

I get the page rendered in iGetter's Site Explorer, but none of the movie download links do anything.

I was expecting that all of the links would be followed, meaning that I could click around and go to other pages just like a mini web browser within the app. Then, when I find the content that I want, I could somehow tell iGetter to put it on the download queue, rather than having it render in the Site Explorer area. I also tried dragging and dropping a link to the queue, but that doesn't seem to work.

I'm running iGetter version 2.9.2 on Mac OS X version 10.9.3.

Thanks,

Ron

08-13-2014 01:26 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Site Explorer's preview pane is intended to show a quick preview of the selected (in the upper pane) item (i.e. web page, text file or image). You can download any item (that appears in the upper right pane) through the contextual menu command "Add to queue". Navigation is only through the upper panes (left or right), which is useful for FTP sites.

If you want to browse a web site and pick some download links, just use your browser (i.e. Firefox). When you reach a page that you want to process in iGetter, use the browser's contextual menu command "Download all with iGetter" and then choose some download links (manually or through some filter in the Options tab panel).

If you use Firefox and iGetter contextual menu commands don't appear in it, you can install the FlashGot add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/). FlashGot will add an option to download the files with iGetter on the Firefox "Save As" dialog as well as several useful contextual menu commands.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply