Segmenting breaks large video files
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-24-2014 11:48 AM

Posted by:
Per

Find more posts by Per

I was excited by iGetter at first, as it seemed to allow me to download lots of large video files that I need to access regularly for video editing. Unfortunately, every single time I use it, having Segmenting set to greater than 1 results in unreadable files that seem thoroughly corrupted and unusable. As far as I can tell the sizes are identical, I'm pretty puzzled as to why they won't work. Please advise!

10-27-2014 12:59 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

If you try to play a download in progress, then you may be able to see what iGetter has successfully downloaded (see iGetter Chart panel). Which means that downloading with one segment may be fast enough to play it. However, it's not advisable to use any download that is still in progress. You may play (edit) only files that iGetter has completed. These are all downloads that appear in iGetter History list. Those that are in Downloads list are still in progress or not started at all.

If that's not the case we will need an example URL to test it. Finally, if you want to check if iGetter completes correctly your downloads you need to verify their checksums. iGetter shows MD5 and SHA1 checksums of any completed download in History list -> File Info panel. Often download sites show either MD5 or SHA1 checksums of their downloads (i.e. Apple downloads) and you may just compare them. If any of the checksums match then download is completed without any errors in it.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply