downloads will not start
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-16-2014 07:57 PM

Posted by:
Charlie

Find more posts by Charlie

I am having problems getting downloads to start using links from Zevera. I paste the links in the downloads window & after 2-3 seconds the process stops and the window is blank. In the destination folder I see a login.aspx document. For the past year I had been using igetter with no problems. I am using a Macintosh running Mavericks, my version of getter is 2.9.3 Any help with this frustrating situation would be greatly appreciated!!

11-17-2014 01:20 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Downloaded "login.aspx" file indicates that iGetter can't authenticate your download. This may happen if for example you have logged out from that site or cleared your browser cookies. We recommend you to use Firefox with iGetter integration functions when downloading from sites that require a cookie for authentication (such as most filesharing services).

We don't have a premium zevera account, so we can't test it. But this is what you may try:

1. Set Firefox as default browser at Safari preferences, General Panel -> "Default Web browser".
2. Login to zevera.com in Firefox and check on the "Remember me next time" option. Don't logout from that site.
3. Finally click on a zevera link in Firefox or use the "Download (selection) with iGetter" contextual menu command.
4. If download starts, but can't complete (i.e. becomes broken at 99%), set "Minimal segment size" value to 100 000 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel. Option will take effect with the new downloads only.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply