Downloading MacOS 9.2.1 updater
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-11-2002 06:06 PM

Posted by:
rob

Find more posts by rob

Will iGetter let me download 9.2.1? Initial attempt (after pasting in the download URL from IE) gave me the agreement page. Previous attempts with IE have ended with incomplete files, though IE says the download is complete.

I'm sure you know that they want all the personal information and cookies yada yada yada...sigh, which I've already given to them but can't complete the download.

TIA for suggestions,
Rob

01-14-2002 07:27 AM

Posted by:
Nike

Find more posts by Nike

9.2.1 DL

I am DLing 9.2.1 right now - the solution is to use the contextual menu igetter DL [control click] on the "if download doesnt start in the next five seconds click here" button on the Apple site.

I specifically DLed Igetter to see if this would work, and it does perfectly - this makes the program, in my mind, infinitely better than Monica, Down Down DX etc... all of which fail because they don't integrate with the browser sufficiently.

However - what about a price cut? Surely so many more people would register the product if it only cost $10 - also perhaps you should consider doing what Macanalysis did and give free copies to people placing Ads/Download butts on their websites? [I believe this was hugely succesful for them].

01-21-2002 10:55 AM

Posted by:
buz

Find more posts by buz

downloading with igetter

I've been trying for days to get igetter to get the mac os 9.2.1 update and it won't do it. I tried for suggestion of clicking the 'if download doesn't.......' button and it also doesn't work.

iGetter worked on other downloads when I first installed it, now it recognizes nothing.

Any clues for me?

tfyh

buz

01-23-2002 09:57 PM

Posted by:
rob

Find more posts by rob

Downloading MacOS 9.2.1

Thanks a bunch, Nike!!!! I didn't even realize there was a Contextual Menu option. I ctrl-clicked on the specified underlined segment (part 1,2,3,4,5,6) which brought up the CM. From there iGetter took over and everything went real smoothly. Duh.

Suggestion to Buz -- look for the contextual menu item. It really works and quite well.

Rob

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply